Ship That Will Be Included In The Story

Nahel Argama

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Nahel Argama

Built by Anaheim Electronics for the AEUG, the Nahel Argama was meant to be the AEUG's new flagship, replacing the Argama. This battleship was developed using the Argama as a reference, and it inherited the latter's ability to carry and support mobile suits, but has a higher mobile suit carrying capacity, more catapults from which to launch them, and an added recovery deck at the rear.

The pair of main wings that extend from the center of the ship to the left and right are foldable, and they also have built-in solar panels that can supply energy to the ship's main engine and weaponry.

One of the Argama's weaknesses was that it was relatively lightly armed, and the Nahel Argama overcome this by having a large number of mega particle cannons and beam cannons. The ship also possesses one of the strongest ship-based weapons, the Hyper Mega Particle Cannon, which was field tested on the Argama before being perfected for mounting on the Nahel Argama.

Placed under the primary catapult, this weapon is not commonly used in battle due to its lengthy charge build-up, but because of its immense power and range (which extends beyond conventional sensors) it can play a large role in the right situation.

Between the end of the First Neo Zeon War and the beginning of the Third Neo Zeon War, the ship was transferred to the Londo Bell and was extensively upgraded. Its firepower was enhanced with the addition of anti-air machine guns and vertical launch tubes that can fire various projectiles, as well as the replacement of the pair of secondary beam cannons with more powerful twin beam cannons. Its engine blocks were also overhauled to be more similar to that of the Ra Cailum-class and Clop-class, and its mobile suit carrying capacity was also increased as the hangars have been enlarged.

Twin Beam Cannon
The main weapon of the Nahel Argama are the pair of twin beam cannons situated on the dorsal hull, in front of the bridge, and on the ventral hull, behind the Hyper Mega Particle Cannon.

On the Londo Bell refit version, this number is increased to four, with the two added twin beam cannons located on the rear dorsal and ventral hull.

Single-Barrel Beam Cannon
Mounted on the outboard tips of the port and starboard catapults, the pair of single-barrel beam cannons are smaller than the other beam cannons on the ship.

Secondary Beam Cannon
The Nahel Argama has two of these single-barrel beam cannon mounted on the ship's rear dorsal and ventral hull.

They are similar to the single barrel cannons of the Argama-class and the secondary mega particle guns of the Irish-class.

On the Londo Bell refit version, they are replaced by the twin beam cannons.

Sub Mega Particle Cannon
A sub mega particle cannon is situated inside each of the "shutter"-like section on the left and right side of the ship, for a total of two such cannons.

These cannons are similar to the mega particle cannons of the Pegasus-class, and are deployed when the "shutters" open.

Hyper Mega Particle Cannon
The Hyper Mega Particle Cannon is the Nahel Argama's largest and most destructive weapon and is fixed in a forward position below the central mobile suit catapult and hangar.

First tested on the Argama, it has been shown that the Hyper Mega Particle Cannon is powerful enough to sever the docking arm of a space colony, as well as vaporize anything in close proximity to the beam.

The Hyper Mega Particle Cannon requires all power from the Nahel Argama to charge up, during which time the ship will not able to use any of the other weapons or even move on its own. After the weapon is fired, it takes a substantial amount of time to cool down before it can be used again.

Vertical Launch System (VLS)
Following its refit, the Nahel Argama is equipped with three VLS cells, one located behind the bridge, and one behind each of the lateral catapults. Each cell consists of 24 individual launch tubes, grouped in four rows of six tubes, and they can fire a variety of projectiles.

Anti-Air Machine Gun
Following the refit, 28 two-barrel machine gun emplacements dotted the surface of the ship for defending against incoming mobile suits and fighters. They have extremely high rate of fire and are able to damage a mobile suit, but skilled mobile suit pilots are more than capable of dodging these guns' fire.

Four are mounted on the outward-facing side of each engine block, six are mounted near each sub mega particle cannon, another six surround the bridge, and the last two are mounted on the bridge tower.

Through some unexplained miracle, the ship had managed to remain in stable condition as the years passed, not one single malfunction within the systems and sights of damage.

This ship would make its appearance when Luka, Kira, their friends and the Archangel crew see it in the wreckage of Junius Seven. It would be the EA, ORB(Cagalli Faction) and ZAFT(Lacus Clyne Faction)'s greatest asset during the events of SEED and SEED Destiny. The one who commandeers the Nahel Argama is Minene Yozora, its current captain.