Does Flos mind having a long-distance relationship with Scale?

As of now, Flos can not answer that.

Rhythm, seeing the 2 standing silently not looking at each other, realises this situation is caused by himself. Even though Scale is still in the pursuing Flos stage, he has already made a crack in their relationship. Whaa-wha-what should he do?! If his sisters know he is the cause of Flos's failed 1st love relationship, they will pulverize him!

Clapping his hands together, Rhythm nervously receives the look from the 2 in front of him, "I mean, let's...talk about that after you have made progress in your relationship?" is this okay?

"You make a terrible adviser, Rhythm," Flos tells her childhood friend his bad points without holding back

"I am a florist!" Rhythm can't help raising his voice as he wails, "Don't expect a single man like me to be an expert in love advice!" and it's not like he wants to be single and inexperienced for so long too!! He just hasn't found his lovely girlfriend! Where could she be... His beloved...

Scale is thinking about Rhythm's words. In the end, he finds that advice to be applicable to them. Telling Flos, "If you don't mind, why don't we do as Mister Rhythm said? Let's talk about this 2 years later,"

Flos blinks at Scale then nods, agreeing.

Rhythm scowls at Flos, making fun of him but agreeing docilely to Scale on his advice. This childhood friend of his, really wants to change her for someone else, although there is no other candidate.

Just like Flos, Rhythm tells Scale, "There's no need to call me with a title, just Rhythm is okay,"

"Okay, just Rhythm," Flos says, infuriating her childhood friend with her nonsense

Scale laughs, amused by the antic this pair of childhood friends show him.

Their semi-happy interaction is disturbed by the appearance of His Majesty with Her Majesty. Queen Viola has the scarf wrapped tightly on her neck as King Ray stares at Flos, asking, "When will the ointment be ready?"

"When I get around to making it," Flos replies, not bothered by the pressure emits from King Ray, "I don't have the tools nor the materials to make the ointment right now. Besides," Flos doesn't really want to annoy the King, since he is already irritable, but she has to remind everyone, "Today is not a safe day for Queen Viola,"

"Viola is still in danger?" King Ray narrows his eyes at Flos, "How dare you say that?"

Flos just moves her hand around, gesturing to their current situation, "Do you think there will be no other surprises?" Flos doesn't know for sure, but she sure is not going to let down her guard regarding Queen Viola's safety

The coldness emitted by King Ray is quite nerve-wracking. To Rhythm anyway.

Queen Viola sighs, distracting King Ray. Her Majesty says, "Since you can't stay here with me, I will ask Miss Flos and Mister Rhythm to accompany me. If you are not assured, Scale will also stay with me, to watch over us,"

"Viola..." King Ray can't say he is not satisfied with that arrangement, but he is still worried about his beloved. Something has already happened to her without him knowing, how can he just leave her again? But he also needs to lead the soldiers in the battle against the variant beasts.

King Ray has already left his men to fend for themselves for a time, he couldn't leave them again now that he knows they are fighting the variant beasts to protect the Castle. Queen Viola understands his duty, just as she knows her duty as the Queen.

After sending King Ray to the battlefield, knowing he will be fine with her watching his back, Queen Viola then turns to the waiting trio, "Shall I become the bait to lure out the 1 behind this invasion?" Flos's words give her ideas, to do her duty as the Queen

Flos is fine with the plan, but the other 2 men reject it vehemently.

"Your Majesty, we are not certain whether the mastermind is around. Please do not endanger your life for an uncertainty," Scale persuades reasonably instead of just saying: it's a BAD IDEA; highlights the capital letters for a good measure.

"Why don't I be the decoy instead?" Flos doesn't mind putting her life on the line because she knows she will be fine

"No," 3 people disagree at the same time, with Queen Viola giving up on this plan and suggesting, "Let's go to the infirmary to tend to the wounded,"

This time, nobody refuses the plan. That's the case, so everyone leaves the East Gate after a look at the battlefield, also helping carry the wounded to the infirmary since they are going there. The maids and butlers that weren't seen before can be seen hurrying all over the place to help with the battle or tend to the wounded the closer they are to the infirmary.

There are even people sitting in the hallway to the infirmary, blood splattered on their clothes, bodies full of bandages, but still conscious, thankfully. Queen Viola talks to them for a bit, understanding that they are sitting outside because their wounds have been bandaged and they just need to rest plus the infirmary is already packed.

Flos looks at the wounded soldiers outside, the helping servants all over the place, and the doctors and nurses working on the wounded soldiers inside in the infirmary. Not to mention the mix of blood and water on the floor. Taking in these pictures, Flos then says quietly, "It's terrible,"

Everything she sees gives her a terrible feeling. Flos will never get used to the aftermath of a war, the price to pay for victory.

"It is terrible," Rhythm can't bear this sight either

Scale closes his eyes briefly before opening them again and looking at the wounded on the hospital beds. Seeing that a nurse needs help holding down a patient, Scale pats Rhythm's shoulder, asking, "Can you lend a hand to that side?" as he points in the direction of the patient

Rhythm nods and hurries there. Queen Viola looks around, finding someone she wants to talk to, so she informs the other 2 with her, "I see an acquaintance over there, his name is Average., a doctor. I will go talk to him for a bit. You 2, please also help out,"

Flos doesn't know who Queen Viola means, there are a lot of people on that side, but Scale knows. After assuring Queen Viola they will certainly help out, they part with Queen Viola inside the infirmary. Scale looks at the door, wanting to check on the soldiers outside. Flos informs him, "I plan to go back to the guest house to grab my item box,"

Scale remembers Flos also asked Rhythm to grab her item box when she treated Her Majesty the Queen. Scale doesn't know whether it is safe to let Flos go alone, but he can't accompany her because he has to protect the Queen. So Scale asks, "Is it important?"

"My skill as a herbalist is not as good as a certified doctor," Flos states self-consciously, "But I do have some medicines for skin wounds, or to stop the bleeding, and help with fevers,"

Scale stares at Flos with a frown, "Are you sure it is safe to go back alone?" after all, there are no guards on patrol to catch the perpetrators that might have slipped their grasp

"I don't know," Flos replies honestly, but doesn't seem concerned, "But I have May-Day and Lashes with me," Picky Eater is still with Rhythm, to protect Her Majesty if required

Scale knows how strong Flos's companions are, but he still feels unconfident to permit Flos to go back to the guest house alone. Logically, they should stick together to protect the Queen, since Flos herself said Her Majesty might still be in danger. In reality, the medicine in Flos's item box will be extremely helpful for the wounded, and also load a burden on the overworked doctors and nurses.

Scale hasn't checked the supplies, but he figures the stocks are almost emptied. It will be hard for him to restock even if he is ready to pay for the supplies using his own money 1st.

It is thus up to Flos's supplies to save the wounded.