The date/ La cita

Start from the beginning

"Well, papá, um, I have a d-date with, uh, Dolores?" I said nervously.

I knew they'd be fine with me liking girls, they're fine with Angelica liking girls and boys, but I don't know how'd they react with me going out with Dolores. She's, like, one of the only people my parents would least expect for me to go out with. They already think my taste in boys is bad, but they had no idea about my taste in girls, so they didn't expect anything.

"Oh, Dolores?" My mom asked.

"Well, you have to look your absolute best, mija!"

"It's just a little coffee date, mamá. It's not like we're going to a ball."

"Well, just don't embarrass yourself. You get her!" My mom exclaimed.

I couldn't help but chuckle. I decided to head to the cafe. I waved them goodbye and my mom gave me a kiss on the forehead. I closed the door and started walking. I saw the cafe and...Dolores? She's here before me? I knew she liked being on time, but this is pretty early. I checked my hair, fiddled with my dress, and nervously smiled at her. She waved at me. I waved back.

"Hey, Dolores. How are you? You're probably like totally amazing cause you're amazing and things! Am I talking too much? I feel like I'm talking too much."

She just stared at me with her beautiful but deadly eyes. I chuckled and decided to hug her. I felt something weird then hands behind me.

"That was a lot of talking, but she is a great listener." A voice said.

I looked...down? It was Camilo? The whole time? I was deceived by this little goblin again? I smacked my head and he chuckled. I looked at him.

"Don't worry, Y/N, she's coming soon so just practice you lines." He said.

"I don't really have lines. I don't know what to say."

"Just say something funny. Compliment her and stuff. Mariano did it all the time!"

"And look where that got him." I chuckled. He just looked at me and laughed hysterically.

"Good one!" He wipes a tear away. "Yeah, though. Just compliment her and you'll be fine."

"Ahem." Someone said behind him. It was Dolores. He turned around startled.

"Oh, Dolores! Hey, uh, good luck." Camilo said.

He turned to look at me. He mouthed a "you got this" and gave me a thumbs up. Dolores nudged him hard.

"Alright! Im going! Sheesh." He said walking away.

Dolores looked at me and smiled.

"Hello, Y/N." She said, with her soft, beautiful, harmonic voice.

I could feel my face turn red and I felt flustered.

"Hey, Dolores! How are you? You're probably like totally amazing cause you're amazing and things! Am I talking too much again?"

I looked down, but she grabbed my face.

"I feel amazing because I get to spend time with you, Y/N."

Dios mío, her words alone are enough to make my legs feel like jelly. I tried my best to stand up straight and hold the door for her, but the door wouldn't budge. I kept pulling it, but it just would move. Was it broken? I turned to look at Dolores, who was just giggling. I felt embarrassed.

"It's a push, not a pull, Y/N." She said.

I pushed it and it was like magic when it suddenly opened. I opened the door and held it for her, nervously smiling. She's smart and beautiful. I can't believed she asked me out. I sound like a broken record, but I don't care. She's amazing and I'd do anything for her.