5 Episode 2 (1/1)

Start from the beginning

We ended up going through a broken window Ekko got through, to us. I ruffled his hair and smiled, he smiled back at me.

"You really need to hide those crystals."
"Yeah, no shit."

~~~
Y/n POV

Savika spoke in the last drop. I knew her from benzo's shop, she was oddly nice to me, but here she seemed really mean.
"We should hit them back. We've got the numbers to beat them."

The same guy who got thrown through the window spoke. "Yeah. Let's teach them what it means to mess with us."
They all yelled in agreement.

Vander sucked on his pipe type thing. It was disgusting I didn't know how he did it. "You sure that's what you want?" Vander put the pipe down, Benzo was also here. "We crossed that bridge once before, and we all know how that ended."

The guy from the window spoke again. "You're just protecting your kids."

Vander looks over at us. "I'm protecting our people. I'd do the same for any one of you. We look out for each other. It's the way it's always been. This will blow over. We just need to stand together."

Savika looked over at me, back at Vander and spoke again. "The Vander I knew, the one who built the underground, wouldn't be afraid to fight."

Vander stepped forward towards Savika. "Do I look afraid?" Savika thought for a second before answering. "No. You look weak." She whistled and walked out, a whole bunch of people followed her.

'Why isn't he doing anything?" He was referring.to Vander, he was just standing there. "We kicked the Enforcers' butts with just the five of us. Imagine what the whole of the Lanes could do."

"Jeez, even Powder wants to fight." Mylo started to walk down the stairs. "So, why aren't we?" We started to walk down stairs to the basement when Vi thought something was up with Ekko, she stuck her head around the corner to look at Ekko, powder did the same. Ekko looked away a little trying to avoid eye contact.

"Spill it, Ekko." I stopped and looked up at Vi, I started walking back up. "Um... Oh, okay. Well, um, Vander's got a deal with the Enforcers." At the sudden words I stuck my head around the corner. "What deal?!''

~~~
Y/n POV still don't kill me

Everyone was chillin down in the basement when suddenly a toy monkey dropped, it was clanging tambourines, that means enforcers was here and it was time to hide. Everyone got to the roof.

Everyone was in a pretty comfy position, accept for Powder. I was going to help her when the door opened. I held my breath as he started checking around.

His flash light went around the room, he searched every crack and crevices, accept for the roof. Powder started to slip.

I gave her a worried look. The enforcer started walking towards the door. I wish he would just hurry up!

The enforcer looked back once more before closing the door, powder then dropped, Vi let out a sigh. I joined her in the sigh. Everyone stayed hidden until the door opened, it was Vander.

"Are you all okay?" Vi and the rest drop from the roof. I was the last to drop. "No, we're not okay. They almost saw Powder. What if they took her?" Powder turned a light on. "No one is taking any of you. Never let that happen."

"It's already happening. You heard him, they won't stop. We need to fight back."
Vi hit the wall making it creak. I flinch at the sudden noise not expecting it. "And if you won't, I will" Vander sighs. "I've heard this kind of talk before."

Vi and Vander left, Ekko and I went back to benzo's shop. He held on to my harm as we walked.

"Are you ok little man?" I looked down at him, he looked up at me, he sighs. "I... I'm just scared..."

I stopped walking and crouched down to his height. I could see the genuine fear in his eyes. "I... I don't want anyone to be taken by enforcers..."

He looked like he was on the verge of crying. I hugged him, "No one will be taken.. like Vander said, we just have to lay low.. and not cause anymore trouble..."

I could feel a wetness on my shirt. He was crying. I pulled away from him, I wipped his tears away. "Big sis promises. We will be ok, everyone will be okay. Ok?"

He calmed down and nodded. "Ok..." I smile and stand up. "Now let's get home before Benzo gets cranky at us, he's like a demon when he's mad."

That made Ekko laugh. I'm glad, but if worst comes to worst... I'll hand myself in... Ekko will still have Benzo, Vi, Powder, Mylo, Claggor and Vander. He'll be ok.

We walked into the shop, Benzo started going off at us a little, I know he's just worried about us, since enforcers are all around now.

~~~

Ekko and I were working on the clock tower in the shop when Vander came in. He seemed a little distressed. It had been like 3 hours tops since being at the last drop.

Vander and Benzo went outside to do something Benzo said 4 specific words that we could not break.

"You two stay here!"

If only we listened.
_______