19

You had Stella, Chip, and Bullet sitting on your lap, the three pups had found away for them all to sit with yoi comfortably. Cloud and Mountain were in the room, but they didn't care to cuddle with you, the two cats were busy playing with the leaves of some of the plants that were in the house.

You glanced at your phone for the third time, your mother's number was printed against the top of the screen. Your parents had something to discuss with you, but they didn't want to call themselves.

Katakuri had offered to call for you, but you knew your parents would prefer if you talked to them personally.

"Well I guess I should call Linda and get this over with." You said to no one in particular and pressed the call button. The dial tone caused you to become more and more nervous as you waited for your mom to pick up. You scratched behind Stella's ear, your pup letting out grunts of appreciation. Your mom picked up and before you could even say hello she was talking down to you.

"It's about time you called, it's two in the afternoon some people have things to do, not like you would know. I have important matters to attend to so I'll make this quick." Your mother made the conversation anything but quick. You haven't seen or spoken to your parents since your wedding day, but your mother took it upon herself to tell you how you have been doing everything wrong since then.

"You have to-"

"Linda is there a point as to why you wanted me to call you?" Normally you'd never think of interrupting one of your parents. But the phone call had gone on for half an hour now and all your mother had done was insult you.

"You didn't just interrupt me did you (Y/N)? Who do you think-" Before your mom could finish speaking your phone was plucked out of your hand and the call ended. You glanced up and were met with Katakuri's soft gaze.

"W-why did you do that?" You asked your husband.

"Your asking why? She's upset you." Katakuri reached down and wiped away some tears that decorated your cheeks. You didn't even realize you had cried while listening to your mom belittle you; you had felt frustrated, sad, annoyed that your mom felt that she could talk to you in whatever manner she wanted.

You leaned into Katakuri's touch as he wiped your tears away, his hand brought a comforting warmth to you. "She'll want me to call her back."

"If Linda wants to speak with you then she can call you herself. And when she calls give me the phone." Katakuri told you, he moved the dogs aside and helped you stand up. "Let's take the dogs for a walk, it'll help you clear your head."

At the mention of a walk Chip was up and ready to go, Stella liked walks but she enjoyed playing with toys a lot more. Bullet liked going wherever you went, it was funny you had originally adopted the black German shepherd because Katakuri was interested in him. But the black furred pup has quickly become like your own emotional support dog, you were thinking of registering him as one.

You set out some more toys for your two cats although it wasn't necessary, they liked playing with plastic bags and shadows on the wall more then they liked the toys you got them.

It was a pretty nice day out, the sun was shining with a few clouds dotting the sky and a slight breeze in the air. The dogs wonder about, always close by as you and Katakuri walked hand in hand. Your husband made sure you two walked in the opposite direction of where he was building your suprise gift.

You've been curious about what the gift could possibly be ever since you went to the plant nursery. Of course Katakuri wasn't about to tell you, he was good at keeping his lips sealed.

"Don't worry, your gift is almost ready." Katakuri said feeling your curious stare on him. While it was easy for Katakuri not to tell you about your suprise the same couldn't be said for his brother Cracker. The younger brother had dropped something off for your gift at Katakuri's request while you two were out. It took Cracker all lot of control to not pick up his phone and tell you about the gift.

"I know I need to be patient. I just don't get how I didn't notice that something was up." You softly chuckled, after your day at the plant nursery you started to notice construction workers coming on and off your property. Whatever Katakuri was gifting you was obviously big and required a bit manual labor to be made. You just don't understand how he managed to sneak workers past you.

"Well I am a pretty good distraction." Katakuri pulled you into his warm body, his  hand coming up to cup your cheek and giving you a kiss. With the height difference between you two, Katakuri placed his hands on the back of your thighs and lifted you up. Your legs wrapped around his middle, your arms going to his neck as you enjoyed the lip lock with your husband.

"You're the best distraction." You mumbled against Katakuri's lips.