10

Cracker stayed for supper, the fridge was well stocked and you had enough cooking skills to make something simple. The younger brother explained to you and Katakuri that there was no staff on site. If you guys wanted one you need to pay for it yourself.

Which a cleaig staff would be needed, you knew how to clean but the mansion was much too big for you to do it on your own. Katakuri had his job so he'd have no time to clean either.

After Cracker left you went to take a shower, which was very confusing. The shower had all sorts of knobs and buttons in it, you didn't know how to turn it on. So wrapped in a towel you peaked out the door, he spotted your husband on his laptop by the fireplace.

"Um-"

How do I get his attention?

You didn't want to yell, but you also wanted to get clean.

"Yes, what is it?" Katakuri looked up from his laptop, he could feel your shy gaze on him.

"Oh, I ah- I don't know how to work the shower." You nervously spoke up before shuffling back into the bathroom.

Katakuri set his laptop aside and strode over to the bathroom, he swung the door open which startled you even though you knew he was coming in.

You clutched your towel tighter to your body, and kept your head down.

"Come here." Katakuri spoke, he was standing in the shower looking over all the buttons.

"Huh? Oh, right." You realized he was going to show you how to work the thing so you didn't have to ask for help each time. You entered the shower as well, nervous that you only had a towel on right now.

"This is to turn it on, this one here controls the temperature, and this one is for the water pressure." Katakuri pointed at each button.

"T-thanks." You mumbled out.

Katakuri turned to leave, his eyes trailing over made his movement a little slower.

"I-is there... something else?" You asked, you could feel him staring at you.

"No that's everything." Katakuri left the shower, you waited until you heard the bathroom door close behind him before you dropped your towel.

Was he checking me out?

You started the shower up, almost burning yourself when you put the temperature to high. You stayed in for a little longer then you should, one because it was relaxing and two because you were nervous to face Katakuri in the other room.

The honeymoon was over now, which meant it was straight into married life. Whatever that means. Your parents marriage wasn't the best way to view things, it really seemed like they were just together for the money. Which is what yours and Katakuri's marriage is, just together for the money. You didn't want it to be that way, but you two didn't marry out of love.

Maybe I can ask Henry about it?

Your older brother was the only person who you knew that was in a happy relationship. All your other siblings were in arraigned marriages as well, the only seemed to get along with spouses when their children were involved.

That was another thing, Linlin was obviously big on kids. If you and Katakuri didn't have any children would the marriage be over and divorce papers thrust into your face? If that happened your parents would surely rain hell on you.

But you couldn't think about having kids with Katakuri if you were too nervous to have sex with him. You wanted to get to know him first.

Get to know him.

You chanted over and over in your head as you slipped your pyjamas on and entered the bedroom. Katakuri was still working on his laptop.

"You um, can take shower if you want." You mumbled as you stepped towards the reading nook. It was stalked with a bunch of different books, and you were very excited to get to read them.

Katakuri wordlessly stood up from the chair and made his way into the bathroom.

How do I get to know him?

You sat down on the bed with the book you choose, not paying too much attention to the words as you thought of different ways to get to know your husband. You must have been pondering on the matter for longer then you thought because next thing you know Katakuri was sitting down in bed with you.

"Is it any good?" Katakuri questioned as he peered over at the pages of the book.

"Oh, yeah it's alright." You didn't actually remember any of what you just read. You'd have to start it again later. "Are you still working?"

"No, I'm done for the day." Katakuri responded, at just like that it was silent between the two of you.

What do I say? Is he going to bed now? I guess it is kinda late.

"Goodnight." Katakuri reached over to his night stand and turned off the lamp that was on top of it. He didn't say anything about you having to turn off your lamp so you guess he was fine with you leaving it on.

"Goodnight." You mumbled back, you set your book down on your night stand and turned the lamp off as well. You got comfortable under the sheets, you were turned so you were facing Katakuri's back.

"Is everything all right?" Katakuri spoke up without turning around.

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine." You squeaked out, you thought he'd fallen asleep already.

"Come here." Katakuri turned around and held his arm out to you, he knew you weren't going to say it, but he could tell you felt lonely.

Wordlessly you moved across the bed so you were in Katakuri's arms, heat rose to your cheeks when you felt his bare chest against your face.

"I-is this fine?" You mumbled, your warm breath tickling his skin.

"It's perfect." Katakuri leaned down and pecked your forehead. Your eyes widened at that, tears coming to your eyes. You weren't sad or nervous, but someone you barely knew was making you feel happy and wanted.

Katakuri held you closer as he felt your tears role down his skin. "It's okay I'm here."