chapter ten , make your move.

( 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 . . . 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 )

OVER THE next few days, Rory had gotten to know some more of George's streaming friends, each one more interesting and unique than the last

OVER THE next few days, Rory had gotten to know some more of George's streaming friends, each one more interesting and unique than the last. She had gotten to know Dream, George's best friend, Quackity, Karl and of course, Sapnap. They had grown fond of Rory quickly, adoring the young woman's sweet and optimistic nature. Coffee 'dates' and outings soon became common for Rory and George as well, the streamer even meeting Aurelia via Facetime, as she was still back in California.

"Rory, when are you going to make a move? You need to get your shit together," Aurelia said, her voice slightly muffled through the call. Rory blew air out of her cheeks, painting her toenails a pale pink on her bed, careful not to get the polish on the pastel blue sheets.

"Make a move? Are you serious, Lia?" Rory scoffed, her voice hardened although her true manner was not as firm. Aurelia shrugged as she straightened her ebony locks, glancing at Rory through her phone.

"C'mon. You like him. And I know you get all nervous with relationships and tend to chicken out but you should do something."

"Excuse me? Chicken out? Seriously?" Rory asked, her eyebrows sky-high. Aurelia's lips set in a thin line, "I know you have a fear of rejection, which is completely normal, but it shouldn't stop you from going out with the guy who might be in love with you."

"Aurelia!" Rory gasped, her face flushing. "You don't even know George, he's not in love with me. We're friends."

"Famous last words," Aurelia mumbled, finishing her hair and unplugging the straightener. Rory finished her pinky toe before closing the nail polish, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Look, Lia," Rory sighed, "I just don't want to mess things up."

"And you won't," Aurelia reassured. "But you have to push that fear away, okay? I know you like him, Rory. And I'd bet serious money he feels the same."

Rory smiled gently, looking at her pink toes.

"Maybe. Maybe I'll make a move," Rory said softly. Aurelia cheered, immediately composing a plan for Rory. But the woman was lost in her thoughts, a certain brown-eyed streamer on her mind.

***

"Dude, for shit's sake, make a move!"

George had called Sapnap and Dream for advice with Rory but he had immediately wished he hadn't, the two suggesting actions that were too bold for George's taste.

"Sap is right," Dream sighed. "You've known her long enough."

"But we didn't start great-"