chapter one , pretty privilege.

( 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 . . . 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 )

 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 )

RORY HARLOW was, to say the least, exhausted. Droopy eyelids and relentless yawning couldn't even begin to describe the twenty-three-year-old, who was running on nothing but numerous cups of coffee and a store-bought sandwich pack for the day. She had spent her time relentlessly moving boxes and furniture without fail, starting when dawn rose and barely finishing as dusk settled in. She had arrived at her newly rented apartment that morning, to find a labyrinth of boxes and plastic-covered furniture beckoning her to be unwrapped and unpacked.

It was Rory's second week in Brighton, England, her first week being spent stuck in a musty hostel as she waited for her belongings to arrive from sunny California.

Plants were now potted, pillows were fluffed and her bed was made. The dust had been swiped off the light fixtures and the wooden floors were shiny from a previous mopping, leaving the place spotless. The apartment was Rory's first place that was truly hers, sparking a sense of pride within herself. She had spent her post-secondary years living with her grandmother before deciding to move to Brighton. She had spent her childhood there with her parents before they moved to America, but Rory decided she had wanted to move back once she was into adulthood.

Rory wasn't generally seen as a risk-taker but something about Brighton called to her. She missed the rain, the ocean, and all of the spots she had spent her early life in. It was more of a feeling than a memory to the girl, simply arriving in the seaside city invoked a warm feeling of nostalgia that had settled in her heart. Her grandmother had always wanted her to move back or at least visit Brighton once more and Rory made sure to honour her wish.

Rory collapsed on her couch with a weak sigh, rubbing her hands over her face tiredly. Her ginger cat, Luke, came trotting over from the kitchen, nuzzling Rory's leg affectionally, begging for attention after the long day. She offered a small smile to the cat and leaned down to scratch his soft fur, Luke closing his eyes with content as Rory then scooped him up, coddling him in her lap.

"Time to bother Twitter with the countless Luke photos," Rory mused to herself with a small grin, Luke being the only one hearing her soft voice. Her social media platform was on the smaller side, consisting of just Twitter and Instagram, but Rory liked it that way. She had never been a fan of showing off her entire life to the internet but she had respect for those who did it responsibly.

twitter !

reylosimp | rory :]
exhausted from doing nothing

reylosimp | rory :]exhausted from doing nothing

PAPER RINGS , georgenotfound On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara