1

PJO and HoO and all of its characters go to Rick Riordan, I own nothing but my character and plots

It was a feast at Camp Jupiter, Romans and Greeks eating together. Annabeth scanned the room until her eyes settled on one individual. He was tall, skinny but muscular, he had neatly trimmed blond hair, sparkling blue eyes. He was leaning against a pillar with his arms crossed. He was wearing a purple T-shirt with a white toga over it and a belt with a golden sword strapped to it. His eyes were scanning through the feast area as well, they settled on Annabeth and a small smirk appeared on his face before he turned around. Annabeth continued to stare at him and nudged Percy, asking, "Perce, who is that?" Percy followed her eyes to the tall boy, "Oh, him. That's Gaius Cassius, Son of Mercury and Grandson of Venus, he's a Senator of New Rome. Apparently, he was born in Ancient Rome but when he was pretty young, he was taken to the Lotus Hotel, stayed there for two thousand years. He was taken out in the late nineties and then brought here, so he's about 17 years old now." Annabeth, still looking at him, said, "Hm, can he fight?" "Yeah, I heard he can fight just as well as he can talk, he's kinda known for being very persuasive." Reyna approached them, "Do not cross him." "What?" Percy asked, confused. She turned to look at the senator, a glare on her face, "Cassius, it is wise not to cross him, he is deathly loyal to Rome and will do whatever he thinks is best to protect it. He is very deceitful and cunning, he has a large amount of power and influence here. He has the mischievous nature of his father and the charm of his grandmother. He can use the persuasive powers from both of them well, he has charm speak and Mercury's abilities to convince others. He has almost all of his father's abilities, the only ones he doesn't have are teleportation, alchemy, prophecies, being able to go to the underworld, and transfiguration. Be careful around him." Then, she walked away.

When the two turned back to Cassius, he was gone. Jason tapped their shoulders and pointed to their right. His finger was pointing at the young senator, who was sitting against a wall, reading a very large book. Annabeth recognized the cover as The Hobbit. She walked over to him and sat down next to him. Without looking up from his book, Cassius said, "Hello, Daughter of Minerva, or do you prefer Athena?" His voice was fairly deep but kind and warm, he had an accent that Annabeth couldn't place. Her eyes widened, she opened her mouth to speak but he spoke first, "How did I know? I observed you have grey eyes, a trait associated with Minerva and Athena, everyone else is looking at you as if you were a scandal personified, which to them you are. You carry yourself with much pride, a well-known fatal flaw of your mother and her children is hubris, I presume that it affects you as well." "Your presumption would be correct, Cassius." "You are trying to find out more about me, aren't you?" Annabeth sighed, "Yes, I am. You appear to be unlike the way Reyna described you." "Well, Reyna's hatred towards me may have interfered in her description of me. She has hated me since my election to the Senate, she believes my abilities are an unfair advantage during a political argument. But I stand by the letters burned into my arm, SPQR, Senatus Populus Que Romanus. The Senate and People of Rome. But then again, looks can be deceiving and so can I." For the first time in their conversation, he looked up at her and smirked. Annabeth recognized the mischief in his eyes, like most Hermes children. "So I've heard," she responded. Cassius chuckled, "Hm," he held out his hand, "Gaius Cassius Caesar." She shook his hand, "Annabeth Chase." "A pleasure to meet you, Ms. Chase." He then turned back to his book.

Cassius was watching the Argo II while it was flying away from Camp Jupiter. He used his enhanced speed to grab a book about the French Revolution. Cassius didn't have dyslexia, a gift from his father was that he knew every language fluently, spoken and written. Cassius went to his assigned room at Camp, he had stacks and stacks of books scattered around the room, the closet containing only black shorts, purple Camp Jupiter shirts, and his toga. A set of Roman armor laid on a table, next to it a gladius, a dagger, and a laurel wreath. Cassius took off the toga and purple shirt he was wearing and laid down on his bed. He looked at the necklace he wore, a golden laurel wreath attached to a leather strap, it was a gift from his adoptive father. Octavian, or Augustus as he was later called, the First Roman Emperor. Augustus adopted the young boy at his birth, raising him for four years until Cassius was taken to the Lotus Hotel. Smiling at the memories, Cassius went to sleep.