Then Learn Fly

I'm practicing my block's and punches when I hear the door jingle but I know better not to look over when sensei Kreese is watching. "Mr.Keene, you have a visitor" I hear sensei call. I look over and I see Kenny standing with sensei. I didn't know he knew Robby. "You know this kid?" Tory asked but Robby simply shook his head no. "Kenny? What are you doing here?" I asked him confused, "I'm here to see Robby" he said before turning back to Robby and continued "My brother, Shawn Payne, said you can help me". " I didn't know Shawn had a brother. Is he out" Robby asked approaching Kenny.

Now I'm really confused how does Robby know Shawn. "No, that's why I am here. These a-holes keep hassling me. One of them know karate" Kenny states before being cut off by sensei, "This is a dojo. You are interrupting my class." Kreese says hardly to Kenny to which he stuttered out an apology. Robby cut off his apology speaking to Kreese. "Sensei Shawn Payne was one of the toughest guys in juvie. Kicked my ass a few times." Robby explained to Kreese. Ohh so that's how they know each other. Kreese chuckled lightly before turning to Kenny.

"You know in the real world, we have to fight our own battles. Cobra kai can teach you how, but you have to prove that you're worthy" sensei says to Kenny to which he responds "how do I do that". "Take your shoes off and get on the mat" sensei instructs him. "Alright Mr.Payne lets see what you got". The rest of us are kneeled around the mat, I'm in between Tory and Robby but I don't say a word. I'm just watching, kreese calls Kyler onto the mat to spar. "But h-how am I supposed to fight if I haven't had any training yet?" Kenny asks sensei to which he responds, "To be a cobra kai, you have to have a killer instinct".

"Don't worry man. I'll go easy on you" Kyler cockily states getting in his fighting position which Kenny mirrored. "Ais" Kreese yells starting the fight. Kyler runs at Kenny making him back off the mat. Everyone around me starts laughing and I roll my eyes. Kyler is such an asshat. Sensei gives him another try but he does it again. "The All Valley is just a few short months away. We don't have time for losers or cowards" Kreese says seriously. Kenny hangs his head and walks out the dojo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After practice we are packing up when I noticed Kenny left his book bag. Picking it up I walk to the door when Robby stops me. "Hey how do you know the kid" Robby asked, "Shawn Payne is my best friend, has been ever since 1st Grade when he fought off some boys who were bullying me" I answered still walking to my car. "oh well where are you headed?" he asked "Kenny's house he left his book bag plus I have to talk to him" I replied opening my door. "Can I catch a ride? I want to talk to him" Robby explained to me, "Sure hop in" I replied.

Getting to the house I let Robby knock on the door. Kenny opens the door and Robby hold up the book bag. "How did you know where I lived?" Kenny asked, Robby held up the book bag strap that had his address. "Plus I had a ride" Robby added moving aside to show me, "hey ken" I said. "So how's Shawn is he still getting out this summer?" Robby asked changing the subject. Kenny sighed sadly before responding, "They gave him an extra month because he spit in a guard's face." I chuckled lightly. That's my best friend for you always in constant trouble. Robby and Kenny continued to talk until his cellphone beeped. He looked down and sighed. "What" Robby asked "oh it's nothing" Kenny replied. Deciding to speak up again "cmon Ken let me see" I said holding my hand out like a concerned older sister.

Although I didn't know Kenny for that long Shawn has been like my brother since we first met. It's not uncommon for me to feel this way towards Kenny. He hands me the phone and a video of him getting pranked plays. "Ken why didn't you tell me?" I asked with a saddened expression. "I didn't want to bother you with silly middle school bullies" he replies. I outwardly sigh, "Kenny it isn't silly. You have became like the younger brother I never had you should always tell me when something is bothering you" I tell Kenny bringing him into a hug.