Chapter-51

ɪᴛ's ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴘɪʟʟs ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ
...

It's been a month since I started going back to work again and honestly, it's tiring. I'm thinking I should start making tiktoks to earn money or something or I'll just start reconsidering my side job and just become a stripper.

"Luke." I draped my arm around his shoulder and rested my head on it. He didn't reply as he was more focused on the movie playing on tv.

"Lucassss."

"Hmm?"

"I want to go home." I tell him.

"Call your boyfriend?"

"But we're not talking." I remind him. We actually had an argument. Marie, our housekeeper, she's informed us a couple of weeks ago that she's quitting because of her health problems. In her place, she recommended someone else, a girl to be precise. Marie has been training her since four days and I don't like the way she looks at Chase, I talked about it with him by but he said that he trusts Marie and it'll be disrespectful to her if he didn't even consider her recommendation. As if he cares about anyone.

"You need to talk things out." Luke said, turning off the tv.

"I tried. He thinks I'm being irrational and I am thinking too-" The doorbell interrupted me. "You didn't tell me you're going to have visitors." I point at him as he stood up to answer the door.

"I don't." He said, opening the door. Oh.

"Can we talk?" Chase asked, looking at me. He looked tired. I bet he didn't take a shower today. Stupid man.

"Hello, it's good to see you too bro." Luke said, faking happiness. Chase frowned at him, I pushed him out and closed the door behind me.

"It's fine, I was creating a fuss over nothing." Only I know the amount of lies this sentence contained. "It's your place, you can decide whoever you want to work for you and all. It wasn't my place-"

"I'm not going to let some girl create problems between us. She won't be working at our place anymore. Come back home please? I miss you darlin'." Liar, I left for like..a day and I didn't miss him at all.

"You can choose anyone you want to, I should've listened to you earlier." He continued. Yes you should've.

"Okay, you should give me ten kisses as an apology." I looked at him, crossing my arms.

"THIS IS NOT HOW THINGS WORK CEL." I heard Luke yell from inside. Is this fucker listening to us?

"I'm totally telling this to your mama Luke." I opened the door to see him pressing his ear on the door. I wish he fell, unfortunately, he didn't.

I couldn't take a step forward because Chase was holding the back of my tshirt.

"I'll get your things." Luke said. Is he kicking me out?

"Excuse me?"

"I am tired of listening to how much you miss your boyfriend." He said, coming out of the room with my purse and phone. I'm totally going to embarrass him infront of his future girlfriend.

"I'll take my revenge." I told him, as Chase was taking..snatching my things from him.

"Bye Cel, take care." He kissed the top of my head before pulling my hair. Bitch.

"Can we leave now?" Chase asked slowly.

"Say bye to Luke."

"Bye Luke." He said quickly, pulling me away with him. "That shirt is ugly." He commented, as we descended down the stairs. Ofcourse he'll find it ugly, it's not his.