"He is very handsome, Sade." Leila stood behind the couch.

My stomach exploded with butterflies and I clicked the off button on the remote and stood.

"Hey!" she chirped.

"I am going to shower for dinner."

The warmth of the shower and cool tile welcomed me while the water cascade down my back. I loved being here, though I was itching to get back on campus and back to my routine, even if it was a little chaotic.

Drying off, I changed into my dinner outfit—skinny jeans and a loose sweater—and curled my hair before joining Leila and Mason in the living room. We were meeting Addison and Jasper at a restaurant in the city since I hadn't seen them in a while.

When we arrived at the restaurant, the host seated us at a table with a perfect view of the waterfront—per Mason's request. The city lights reflected off the lapping water as bright jazz music filled the space.

"This is where Mason brought me on our first date," Leila said.

"Yes indeed, Beauty." He grinned at her. "Then I snuck us to the edge of the waterfront."

"I thought we were going to get caught."

I listened to them retell their first date story, happy that everything worked out between them. Addy and Jasper arrived not too long after and we all scavenged the menus, catching up. Although they were my sister's friends, she always included me, which was nice since the younger sister usually got the shit end of the stick.

"How is the art program?" Addy asked.

"It is good. I just need to find an internship."

"You didn't get that internship in the art building?" Mason asked, and I hadn't realized Leila told him.

"No, they offered me the position and then revoked it." I scoffed and their faces fell. I shrugged in response, just as shocked and confused still.

"I get my art for business from a phenomenal gallery. I can make a referral for you if you'd like," Mason said.

"Oh, that's so kind of you to offer, but if I'm being honest, I haven't put in enough effort in finding one lately. Them rejecting me from the art building threw me for a loop."

"Just let me know and I'll call them," Mason reassured. "And I'd like to commission artwork from you whenever you're not busy."

I smiled. "I can totally do that. But if you ask me to draw your face, you may be offended with the outcome."

Everyone laughed.

Though I had gotten my fair share of portrait practice before and after Elijah destroyed it with that baseball. I was thankful Lee and Mason didn't bring up my love-life situation at dinner, because I had enough of that. And knowing Addy, she would've taken my phone and emailed Elijah thirty times.

That night, when I curled up in bed, Leila crept into my room.

"Can I lay with you?" She whispered, peeking her head through the door. Invitingly, I lifted my covers for her to climb under. "Do you want to feel? The little one is super active tonight," she asked, holding her bump.

I placed my hands on her stomach and waited until I felt a nudge under my palm. "Woah, they're strong in there."

"Yeah, like a little mule. You know," she paused, gathering my attention. "You're strong too."

One brief laugh fell from my lips. "How?"

"For eating tonight."

My heart practically stopped beating when she spoke, and she held my hand in response. "I know you don't talk about your mental health, but I know things. I see the way you look at food and yourself. I also see you subconsciously body-checking. Like I said, if you're feeling down again, you can get help."