Chapter 31 Vivienne

Începe de la început

     "Viv." Sam said, his voice cracking. "I'm so sorry. I tried. I did everything I knew how to do." Sam said, tears running down his cheeks. He stepped closer and took my hand. "Your heartbeat stopped. You died. I knew I had to get her out. When I did she wasn't breathing. I performed cpr until the paramedics came. I'm so sorry, I had to leave you, but it was only because I went with her. I never left her side. I watched the paramedics try to save her, then I watched the doctors try." 

     Wait…. No. The mutts had my daughter. Right?! "What do you mean?" I asked, my voice shaky. 

     "Viv. I'm so sorry. They worked on her for hours. A few times her heart was beating on her own for a few beats, but she never opened her eyes, she never cried. The doctors gave up and let me hold her as she died. I'm so sorry."

     My soul shattered. My entire world felt like it collapsed. The only thing I was aware of was the pain of my heart breaking. My baby girl was gone and I never even got to meet her. 

     Eventually I became aware of someone shouting and crying. A little while later I realized it was me shouting and crying. I was angry, and broken, and regretful. My actions killed my daughter. If I had just stayed home we would have both been fine. At that moment I hated myself even more than the mutts who caused our accident. 

     After I don't know how long I finally calmed down enough to be aware of my surroundings again. I was still in my bed in my room. Sam was next to me and my head was on his shoulder. His shirt was soaked from hours of my tears. He had been crying too. 

     "You should have let me die too." I whispered to him.

     "Baby, if I could trade places with her I would. I'd do anything to bring her back to you. I'm sorry." Sam kissed my forehead. 

     "It's my fault. I hate myself. I'm so stupid." I said, my words dripping with self loathing. 

     "Stop that. The only blame that should be placed is on the mutts, not you."

     "I'm going to fucking kill every last one of those mother fuckers." I promised. 

     "I'll help you." Sam shocked me. 

     "Where is she?" I asked. I needed to be close to my baby, even if she wasn't here anymore. 

      "Travis had a funeral for her three weeks ago. She's burried in the cemetary halfway between the city and their pack's territory. He refused to wait until you were awake for the funeral, probably because he's too much of a coward to face you."

      That cowardly bastard. "Will you take me to her?" I asked.

     Sam nodded. "Go take a shower and we can go. I'll have Amee bring you some clothes." 

     A few minutes later I was in the bathroom turning on the showerto heat up. I studied myself in the mirror, remembering the last time I did and my heart broke all over again. I looked the same as I always had. I took off my clothes and looked down to my now flat stomach. 

     "Nooooo!" I wailed and started sobbing uncontrollably, sinking down and burrying my head in my hands, my knees tucked up to my chest. 

     Sam knocked on the bathroom door. " What's wrong?" I heard his muffled voice but my brain didn't process his words. "Viv, open the door. Please?" 

     I couldn't move, couldn't respond. The only thing I could do was sob so hard that it made breathing difficult. 

     I heard the door knob break and then Sam was kneeling next to me and gathering me in his arms.