What you wish For

Lila anxiously steeped through the huge
white doors, staring at the ground. She was still recovering from losing her Adrien, all her perfect plans shattered in seconds.

Whatever her new father was going to dish out on her would be nothing compared to losing her last hope of getting her empire back.

She glanced at Gabriel, immediately shrinking under his glare. He glared daggers at her, his teeth gritted in rage.

Scratch that. God, she forgot how scary he was.

"I cannot believe what you have done," he snarled. "Your actions cost the company collaboration with possibly the most famous filmmakers in Europe, if not the world! And with that silly little tantrum, you threw, grabbing at Adrien like that, I'll be lucky if the Graham de Vanily family ever speaks to me again!"

Lila flinched in fear. Shit shit shit shit! How could the universe do this to him? She was his daughter, his pride and joy, his most popular model, his muse! She was perfect in his eyes! He'd called Adrien perfect all the time before! Surely she'd treat her the same way!!

"I-I'm so sorry Father, I just wanted him to be my friend," she whimpered, the picture of innocence. "I get so lonely during photo shoots, you know."

Lila thought he'd buy it.

"Lila, you are not a child anymore. You don't have to be friends with everyone in your class," Gabriel sighed, exasperated. "I thought we raised you better than that."

Shit. Okay, try to shift the blame. If Adrien wasn't going to comply, she can throw him under the bus.

"I'm sorry, but Adrien and Felix were so mean to me at school! I apologized for what happened when Felix was akumatized, but they didn't forgive me!" she whimpered. "I just wanted them to know the real me! And there are so many horrible influences at my school now too, they must've corrupted them, made them think I'm a monster!" she squealed.

Tch, surely he'd buy that!

"Lila, they didn't forgive you because they were still recovering from a traumatic event that you are to blame for! Regardless of outside influence, this behaviour of yours over the past year has been downright disgraceful!" he snapped. "I know your mother's disappearance has been tough, but you cannot continue to act like this! I have the right mind to pull you out of that wretched school!"

Disgraceful? How dare he! She was Lila Agreste, his picture-perfect daughter! And he can't pull her out of school, what about her empire! She'd never get back at Marinette for ruining her chances with Adrien again! Stupid fucking universe!

"I can't believe your mother even convinced me to let you go to school, rest her soul. I knew this would happen."

Oh, her mom convinced him to let her go to school? Of course, she did, she'd bend over backwards for her. Huh, maybe she wasn't as useless as she thought.

A thought popped into her head, an idea to make Gabriel forget she was in trouble.

"But isn't that what she wanted? Me to make friends and be happy? Don't you want to respect her wishes?"

Heh, nothing like toying with a little grief to help her case. Gabriel would be filled with mournful love for her mother, and she'd be off the hook. She glanced up at him, only to shrink even more at his expression.

He stared at her, alarmed and enraged. He fixed her with a steely glare, slowly walking towards her, towering over her form.

"Lila. Isabella. Agreste. Do not EVER speak about your mother like that!" he bellowed, his voice echoing through the room.