Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I must've woken up several times because I remember lying in a soft bed, being spoon fed ambrosia. I noticed Annabeth smirking above me as she scraped drips off my chin with the spoon.

When she saw my eyes open, she asked, "What will happen at the summer solstice?"

I managed to croak, "What?"

She looked around, as if afraid someone would over-hear. "What's going on? What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks!"

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, "I..."

Somebody knocked on the door and she hurriedly shoved more ambrosia in my mouth right before I fell back asleep.

The next time I woke up, Annabeth was gone, which disappointed me greatly. I finally see her again after seeing her get killed by kronos and she doesn't even recognize me, not that it's her fault. It's just so sad that I can't tell her anything,  go to her for help, or even ask her to help me answer my dumb questions. It will probably affect me in the future since I told Annabth almost everything.

I shook my head and looked at my surroundings spotting Argus standing in the corner. I stopped myself before I waved at him and had a conversation with him in sign language, like I usually did to converse with him.

Annabeth and I decided to learn sign language so we could talk to Argus, since no one else could talk to him and understand everything that he was saying. We learnt last summer before the battle of Manhattan.

I looked away and got a good look at Camp Half-Blood. It looked different than when it did back in my time. It didn't feel depressing or like you were about to get attacked any minute or you were about to head out to war. It was peaceful and you could feel it in the air.

I turned away and saw a tall drink that I recognized as nectar. It looked like iced apple juice, with a green straw and a paper parasol stuck through a maraschino cherry.

My hand was so weak I almost dropped the glass once I got my fingers around it.

"Careful," a familiar voice said.

Grover was leaning against the porch railing, looking like he hadn't slept in a week. Under one arm, he cradled a shoe box. He was wearing blue jeans, black converse over his hooves and a bright orange T-shirt that said CAMP HALF-BLOOD.

I smiled slightly when I noticed him.

"You saved my life," Grover said. "I... well, it was the least I could do, so I went back to the hill. I thought you might want this."

Reverently, he placed the shoe box in my lap.

Inside was a black-and-white bull's horn, the base jagged from being broken off, the tip splattered with dried blood and it was full of memories of the night it was broken.

"Pasiphae's son," I said.

"Urn, Percy, it isn't a good idea -wait a minute you didn't say…” He trailed off.

He pointed at me confused and just shook his head. “You are always full of surprises.”

"That's what they call him in the Greek myths, isn't it. I stated boldly.

Grover shifted uncomfortably. "You've been out for two days. How much do you remember?"

"My mom. Is she-." I closed my mouth and looked away. I didn't mean to say that. It just slipped out, now Grover is going to be really depressed.

He looked down, making me sigh.

"It wasn't your fault."

"Yes, it was. I was supposed to protect you."