⓿➎: The Fun in Funeral

Start from the beginning

After dinner of spaghetti and meatballs, they had dessert of banana bread that Delilah had made earlier in the day.

However, Samantha was picking at her bread.

"What's up?" Matt asked her.

"Just something that my parents told me," replied Samantha. "It's just weird."

"Weird how?" asked Delilah.

"They told me that Kathleen really isn't their friend," said Samantha. "She's their girlfriend."

Delilah was really thrown at that.

"Wait. What?" asked Matt bewildered.

"She's been their girlfriend for about five months now," said Samantha.

"Damn," said Delilah. "Five months?"

"I know," replied Samantha. "They wanted to make sure that it was serious before telling me. It kind of explains a lot, why she was always around and why she tried to act like a parent."

"How can one person love two people at the same time?" Delilah asked.

"Sometimes that's just how you are," Samantha said, looking between Delilah and Matt.

Matt nodded, also looking between the two girls.

Delilah looked at her friends. "So...how about we watch these movies?"

Delilah was finishing up making up thirteen cherry tarts, and putting them in a sample and display tray case, when Rory walked in, closing the door, dulling the loud music

"Hey, I have an idea for a new reality show. How about everyone just looks out their freakin' kitchen window for a change?" asked Lorelai.

"Ooh, she's cranky this morning," Rory said, getting an apple.

"Let's just say the world has an formidable opponent," replied Lorelai.

Rory set the apple aside as she looked at the tarts. "Are these lemon tarts?"

"Yes," Delilah said. "But those are for—" Rory snagged one, "the bake sale..." Delilah finished slowly.

"Too late now," Rory said taking a huge bite. She looked at Lorelai, "How about you?"

"She threatened to stab me in the hand with a fork when I tried to take one," Lorelai said. "Besides, I got my portion covered."

"They expect things to be homemade," replied Rory.

"She knows," Delilah said. "She's getting Sookie to cover it." She covered the chilled cherry tarts with a lid on a sample and display tray.

Rory took another lemon tart from a different tray.

"Take another one and I will stab you in the neck with a fork," Delilah warned.

"I know, I was just making it even," replied Rory innocently. She passed the tart to Lorelai.