⓿➊: Hey There, Delilah

"Delilah, I can promise you that by the time we get through,
The world will never ever be the same and you're to blame.
Hey there, Delilah."
Plain White T's – Hey There, Delilah

The smell of the strawberry muffins stirred Delilah's appetite, even as she wrapped them in Saran wrap

"Lila, do you have my Macy Gray CD?" asked Rory.

"I don't listen to her, so why I would take it from you?" replied Delilah as she wrapped a muffin.

"Oh, right, your taste is more metal and hard rock," said Rory with an eye-roll.

"Rock on, sis," replied Delilah doing the devil horns. She went back to wrapping up the muffins.

"I still don't know how you can use Saran wrap without getting it stuck together," said Rory. She was watching closely as her twin wrapped a muffin. "Here, let me try one."

Delilah stood aside while Rory tried (and failed) wrapping a muffin. "Sorry, sis, but it takes practice. It's not something you can learn right away."

Rory looked irritated at not getting it right away.

Rory was more of a perfectionist, which was why she wanted to go to Chilton, to go to Harvard to become a journalist. As far as Delilah remembered, Rory never got anything lower than an A before.

Delilah was more of the 'go-with-the-flow' type of girl, who could live with herself if she flunked a class (which she never had). She was content with having Cs and Bs. Her passion was towards baking. It was why she got a part-time at Weston's Bakery. She wanted to open her own chain bakery one day and starting from the bottom was going to help her. It was something her mother taught her, 'start from the bottom and work your way up.' It was something that her mother had done at Independence Inn and Lorelai was now an executive manager after starting off as a maid at sixteen.

"You better wrap that up quickly," said Rory. "We have to go to Luke's."

Delilah nodded and finished wrapping up the muffins very quickly. She had set some aside in a container for her friends, Matthew and Samantha.

"Bad news, Lila," said Rory. "Mom didn't save us any coffee." She held up the empty coffee pot that had signs of holding coffee.

"Sucks for you," said Delilah as she grabbed her black and white polka-dot .

After a month of binge-eating junk food during the summer with her twin and mother, she had gained some weight. She spent the remainder of the summer, dieting and jogging, to lose what she had gained. It was times like that she wished she had a fast metabolism like her sister and mother. She didn't need all that caffeine anyway, even if she wanted it.

She stuck the container in her backpack.

"Why can't Matt get a job to feed himself?" asked Rory.