⓿➋: High School Never Ends

Start from the beginning

Delilah got up early to make banana muffins for her friends.

She was mixing the batter when Rory ran into the kitchen, "Have you seen my tie?"

"Isn't it in your room with the rest of your uniform?" asked Delilah. "I have no clue what I need with your tie."

"Maybe you gave it to Samantha to turn it into a belt," said Rory.

"You're going to run late if you keep nagging at me about your tie," said Delilah. She scooped some batter into the muffin cups.

"Save me and Mom some muffins," said Rory.

"Way ahead of you," said Delilah, motioning to the woodstove oven that had muffins baking.

Rory went upstairs to her room. It took a few minutes before Rory yelled, "Found the tie, Lila!"

"Told you!" Delilah called back.

After the first batch of muffins were done and cooled, Rory came down the stairs in her uniform. She went into the kitchen, "How do I look?" She did a twirl, making the skirt flutter out.

"Like a snobby rich bitch that I want to punch in the face," replied Delilah. "Good job."

"Where's Mom?" asked Rory.

Delilah thought about it, "Probably still sleeping."

Rory went upstairs and Delilah heard Rory yell, "Mom!" There must've been a reply because Rory asked loudly, "What are you doing?"

Delilah rolled her eyes at how dramatic Rory was being about it being 7:10.

"We have to go! What if there's traffic? Mom!" yelled Rory.

Delilah started wrapping up the muffins in Saran wrap.

"It's 7:15!" Rory said loudly.

A minute passed.

"It's 7:16!" Rory said. "It's 7:17!"

Rory came down the stairs and grabbed the muffins.

"It's 7:18!" called Rory as she grabbed the car keys.

Delilah winced, "Have fun at Chilton, sis."

"Thanks," said Rory.

She went into the living room and leaned against the banister of the stairs. Delilah grabbed a small plastic container of mixed fruit to eat on her way to meet her friends. She walked in as her mother was hurrying down the stairs.

Rory started "It's seven—"

"Don't even think about finishing that sentence!" said Lorelai.

"Oh my god, what are you wearing?" asked Delilah horrified.

Her mother was wearing a pink tie-dye shirt with denim cut-off shorts and cowboy boots.

"Quiet, Lila. Look at what you're wearing!" said Lorelai.

Delilah looked at her dark blue short-sleeved button shirt with white trim that she wore over a red long-sleeved shirt, and dark blue skirt with black thermal tights. She put on a white-and-light red headband with a bow to tie the outfit together.

"At least she doesn't look like she's going to the rodeo," said Rory.

"All right, that's it," said Lorelai as she grabbed a picture from the desk. "I'm bringing the baby pictures."