12

Devon

I had been in battle with two men when I saw her laying in the mud she screamed my name her eyes wide with fear. I quickly ended the battle between me and the two men and went for her. I watched Clayton knock her out, her body going limp I slammed my sword into him he gasped turning to face me.

"There you are." He says smiling, why is this fucker always smiling? "your darling Rose just wouldn't listen and now look at her, such a mess." I look over her body blood dripping out of her wounds I face Clayton with disgust. He was gonna pay for this one. "Do not harm her ever again." I warn but he shakes his head.

"What I do isn't of your concern." I slam my sword into him again and again until we go into a battle with each other Darkburg is nothing but a pile of rubble now and everyone is trying to asses the damage, no one even looks in our direction as I face him.

Eventually I get him weak panting on the ground I stalk past him lifting Rose's bloodied body carefully into my arms. I make my way back home I ignore the friend Phil brought back and get to work patching up Rose. "You're gonna be alright princess." I whisper softly to her.

Rose

My head is pounding when I wake up. I rub my eyes and look around Devon's house. How did I end up here I half expected to be somewhere far away with Clayton there to be my only friend. My whole body aches in pain I sit up, It causes an entire reaction of pain to shoot through my body. My face contorts in pain.

I spot Devon slumped in a chair his head lowered in his hands, he looks exhausted. Phil and the weird tall man are standing by the window talking. Why is tall man here?

"I'm sorry." I say it nearly makes Devon jump out of the chair and the other two spin around to look at me. "You should be, look at you. You should not have been there and none of this would have happened!" Devon yells I flinch at the harshness in his words. "Why where you there!" I snap back "you joined him YOU BLEW UP a nation!" I snap back.

"You do not get to even start with what I've done, you disregarded everything I said you got yourself hurt. you almost got yourself kidnapped! You went right into a battlefield unprepared!" Devon is standing a few inches away from me now. "You should have told me! You should have said something why would you do that to them to me! You knew how badly he treated me and you worked with him!!" Tears were falling fast down my face and I whipped them away with the bandage on my arm. "No! I don't know what he did because you wont talk about it!"

I push myself off the table but end up falling to the floor my whole body hurts like hell but I can't find it in me to care. Devon was right I shouldn't have gotten myself into that mess. I sob into my hands, the mental pain worse than physical I didn't like Devon yelling at me, but i knew I deserved it.

A pair of red sneakers apear in front of me I look up to find tall man there he crouches down in front of me. He gently pushes the hair behind my ear and wipes away the tears. I don't say anything and he pulls me close to him hugging my body to his."Rose?" He says softly I look at him "do you really not remember me? It's me, Ryan." I shake my head he laughs a little "and I thought I was the one with memory issues."

Devon is eyeing Ryan carefully watching his every move. "Why are you here?" I ask. "Phil told me I could stay for awhile the people back home aren't too happy with me."

"And why is that?"

Ryan frowns "I blew up their community house." I don't ask any more even though I have no idea what the community house even is but I don't push it. He seemed upset by it, and I didn't want to make it worse. I look up from Ryans shoulder and look at Devon, he looks like he's he's in pain. His harsh chocolate eyes filled with sadness. "Im sorry princess." He mouths before walking off.