The Dawn Of The Supers (I)

Eight Years Later...
It's now October and I am currently on my way to the twins school because Brenden is refusing to come out of the janitors closet and Mary is running a fever. I know those signs and Nala said she would be meeting me there. I parked the car and coincidentally so did Nala we got out of the car and we walked into the school. The whole class was standing by the closet. The fire department was even there trying to get in.

"I got him." I told Nala and she went to get Mary. "Hi, Hi I'm his father." I said.

"Thank the heavens. Mr. Schott he won't come out and the door won't open. We don't know if there are things in the way, maybe he has things wedged in the door.." The principal explained.

"Ok, thank you. Let me just talk to him." I said as I went to the door. "Hey Bren. What's going on buddy?"

"Dad, how do I make it go away?" He cried.

"What mom taught me was to close your eyes, breathe and then count to or backwards from four." I said.

"Ok, I'll try," He sighed, "one, two, three, four." He counted. It was silent then the door opened. He came out and hugged me. The principal wanted to talk to us. Nala came out of the nurse's office. We walked over to the principal's office.

"Ok, we are going to talk to Principal Jefferson. You two stay here and watch each other. Mommy and Daddy will be right back. No listening." Nala said and they sat on the chairs outside. She closed the door and sat in the seat I had pulled out for her and I sat down.

"Mr. and Mrs. Schott, I have to thank you again for choosing to place such gifted children in my school. However, I don't think we can allow them to continue here any further." Principal Jefferson started.

"Ok Mrs. Jefferson, I understand that having talents as such as their own can be quite," Nala closed her eyes in annoyance as she thought back to when she developed her powers overtime, "unpredictable and at times wildly dangerous. I can guarantee you that this was just a minor incident. Anything major or worse should be a reason to have them placed in another school or better yet home schooled. But this, this is nothing."

"Mrs. Schott, if this was nothing I wouldn't have firefighters trying to get your son out of a janitors closet." Principal Jefferson rebutted.

"Ok but he's a child. A child with powers he doesn't understand, at least he went to a closet." Nala responded.

"If you wish that both of the children continue their education here, my suggestion of dampeners during school hours still stands. We tried it your way already and it's costing us for a new door." Principal Jefferson said and Nala stood up and walked out, "Mr. Schott, my way still stands. I will see you on Monday if you choose to take it."  She said and I gave a small smile.

"Thank you Principal, actually maybe the Monday after, you know the order process and all." I said.

"Or whenever you receive said bracelets." She said as I walked out. Nala opened her car door for the kids and she closed it. I rubbed her shoulders. "I know it's not ideal."

"I don't want to talk about it right now." She snapped.

"Ok. Ok." I said.

"Sorry. It's just.. they should be allowed to be themselves all of the time. Not just part of the time." She said as we hugged.

"Yeah and it's not fair, but sometimes we have to look at the bigger picture." I said.

"Your right." She said.

"Hey, maybe a trip to National City would lift your spirits." I said.

"I guess. We'll see you at home." She said and we kissed. Mary opened the door.