Russia x Reader (April Fool's Day Special XD)

Recommended by ME! NOTICE ME! This is also a pretty long story compared to the Egypt one
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a beautiful spring morning. Nothing could possibly go wrong, or at least you thought.

Apparently, some wise guy waltzed into your house, when you were asleep and left a little gift for you, right outside your bedroom door. A little brown box that had 3 things. A letter, a photos and someone kind of outfit. Today was April Fool's Day.

You were currently walking around the plaza, looking like a giant sunflower...sort of. You were wearing a short dress that had yellow flower-like frills for a skirt, a brown top that was outlined in yellow, with yellow sleeves on the side, yellow streaks around the edges, and the dress was completed with a green strap around the waist, with a little sunflower on the side. (Picture) Obviously, the person who set up this 'prank', knows about your little crush on Russia.

The only reason you were here in the first place was because of the photo you got along wig the letter. It was of you sleeping in your Russian theamed set of pajamas and you were tightly hugging a stuffed Russian Blue.

You cross your arms and sigh as you walked through plaza. Just as you walk on the lid of a manhole, it gets pushed open and you end up stumbling off the lid.

You turn to see the thing that pushed the lid open. It was Russia. "Oh hello ___!" He says in a cheerful tone. You smile and wave.

Russia looks at the little outfit you're wearing and smiles. "You look very pretty in that, ___." He says, remaining in his spot in the  manhole. You feel your face warm up. "Thank you, Ivan." You say, smiling.

Wait...why was he in a manhole? "Um..." You say, pointing at the space in the ground. "Hm? Oh, I'm hiding...I don't want anyone to see me in this." He said, giving you a nervous smile. You nod in understatement. "Can I hide with you?" You ask. Russia smiles and nods.

He slides back inside the manhole (that sounds so weird XD) so you have room to go in. You quickly follow him down and close the lid.

"Where are you? I can't see." You say, not having your eyes adjust to the darkness. "Don't worry little sunflower, I will lead you." Russia said in his adorable child-like voice. You feel your face warm up a little, at the nickname 'sunflower', when you remembered that you were wearing a sunflower dress.

As soon as you reach the last few steps of the ladder, Ivan picked you up by the waist, and set you down on the ground. You blush at this, and blush even more when he grabs your hand and carefully leads you through the tunnels.

"Um, I still can't see very well..." You say. Russia then stops walking and turns around, causing you to bump into him. You back away so you wouldn't be in his personal space. But he pulls you back in, putting his arms around you. You blush again. He softly kisses your forehead, and picks you up bridal style. "If you can't see, then I'll carry you." He says sweetly. And with that, he continues walking.

You later hear some talking, just above the sewer. You both hear someone mention the pictures, so Russia gently places you down and climbs up the closest latter to see what was going on. 
When he pushes open the lid, you see that he was wearing the cutest yellow dress, ever. You slightly giggle at Russia in the dress.

He then jumps out of the manhole, when everyone screamed "MY PICTURE!" You stay in the manhole, confused about what just happened. You then start to get worried about Ivan, and so you climb out of the sewer to see what happened.

You see Russia standing just a few feet away from the manhole, starting at a photo with wide eyes and a blush. Everyone else has left, so he was even more noticeable. You fully climb out of the pit and walk towards him. "I-Ivan? Are you ok?" He looks up at you and looks down, holding out the picture. It was yours.

You quickly take the photo from him and blush darkly. "Y-you weren't supposed to see that." You say quickly. "France gave me two pictures, and yours was on top, I-I didn't mean to look at it, Мне жаль... (i'm sorry)" Russia spoke faster than you did and probably blushed more.

He looked up (well...down) at you with a single tear in his eye. That's the thing about him that you liked the most. He was a big softy and was sweet in any way possible...well most of the time.

You hug him and don't let go. "It's ok Ivan...I understand." You smile and hugs you back. You kiss his cheek and he whispers. "Я люблю тебя." (i love you) Hearing him say that made you feel the happiest you've been in a long time. "Do you really? I-it's April fool's day and if this is a joke..." You say, hoping it wasn't a joke.

Ivan looks at you with upset eyes. "No, I wouldn't do something like that to you..." He said kissing you softly. You blush and smile. He had a point. "Ok...I believe you..." You say, grabbing his hand and intertwining your fingers with his. He smiles and starts walking home, not letting go of your hand.

The end :3