Chapter 14

You grab another seltzer from the fridge and after cracking it open, take a nice long sip, feeling the cold rush down your throat and into your stomach. The music is loud in your ears and you can practically feel the thumping of the bass against your skull. You squeeze through the crowd in the kitchen and get back to your friends. Opting to stand close to Izuku's side as you join back into the conversation. 

It's been a full two weeks since you've been back to school even though with the amount of work your professors have already thrown your way, it feels like you've been back for three months. It's not all that bad, but you miss the way in high school things would ease into the work instead of forcing you in headfirst. 

It's Saturday and after the amazing win by the football team, you all decided to go out to a house party that was near campus. You don't know who owns it, but it's a really nice place. They must have moved most of the furniture out of the way since the living room is completely empty except for the crowd of partygoers. You all stand around in between the kitchen and the living room just enough to be out of the way. Mina is going on about her trip she took over break and Izuku has his hand rested on your waist. 

After you got back to school early Sunday afternoon, you continued to write since you didn't need to do much in terms of unpacking. Izuku came over at around 10 that night and gave you much more than just a kiss for his girl. 

Of course, the sex is great, especially when it's with someone who is genuinely more of a giver than a receiver. But you find laying in bed after, the part where you cuddle close and meet in soft tired kisses, giggling randomly just because you're happy to be a part of the experience to be something just as beautiful. It's a thing you didn't know you could have. Existing together, being comfortable in each other's presence is something no one talks about after the act; it's peaceful and just makes the time together that much more meaningful. 

You look up at Izuku and smile, rubbing his back with your palm. It's already been about three hours since you've been at the party and yet it seems the excitement of having everyone back together is not making you tired at all. You listen to Iida talk about his internship and Tsu talk about her beautiful house on the water and laugh at Denki's funny stories from his break. It's nice to have everyone back together and it's so bizarre to think that less than 5 months ago you didn't know most of them. 

As Ochaco catches you up on how her classes are going so far, you turn to see two people, both wearing the rival football team's colors (that you played against earlier in the day) enter your little circle. They roughly push by Izuku and don't stop to say anything as they walk right up to Bakugou, scowls on their faces.

"So you're the Bakugou Katsuki," one of them says, he's got black hair. All eyes fall on the two intruders as they stand with their arms crossed, sizing up the blonde. 

"Obviously," Bakugou stares, face blank and uninterested as he takes a sip of his beer. You look over at Kirishima, who stands a few feet away from the scene. He stands a little rigid and looks to be weighing the option of interfering or not. 

The other guy, this one with a big nose sneers, "I didn't think you had a life outside of football." 

You feel the tension start to build within the group; everyone looks around, confused as to why they are trying to rile the blonde up. Bakugou doesn't change his expression even if you can see his eyebrow tick just a little bit. 

"Well surprise extras," Bakugou says, arms outstretched to draw the two randos' gazes to see the rest of the group. "If that's all, then get the fuck out of my face." 

Kirishima scooches a little closer to Bakugou, offering some sort of anchor to keep the blonde's rising anger at bay. 

The big-nosed guy nods but has his eyes narrowed, "What say you to a game of beer pong? You and someone versus us."