Chapter 11

You got home late that night and after receiving the text that Izuku safely made it back home, you went straight to bed. The sleep was great, that is until Cole literally jumped on top of you, causing you to wake up. 

After you beat him up a little, he reminds you that you have to drive him to the airport. So with a groan, you get dressed and after drinking some coffee you head out. The good-byes your parents offered your brother took several minutes, especially when it sparked the conversation of already planning when/ if he can come back for Thanksgiving. But after all that, you were finally on the road. 

The drive wasn't that bad considering the airport wouldn't be that busy on a Wednesday afternoon so, after 45 minutes, you were parked in the parking structure. 

"I actually have some time before I need to board, wanna get some food with me?" Cole asks, lugging his backpack onto his shoulder. 

"Sure," you answer, "but you're paying." 

He rolls his eyes but doesn't say anything. You both decide to go to a deli that is conveniently located right near the entrance of the airport. After you ordered your food, and playfully teased Cole on how he still sticks to a basic turkey and cheese sandwich, you find an open table and sit down, already digging in since you haven't had breakfast yet. 

"I'm a little irritated that I won't be able to meet your boo thang," Cole says, face stuffed. 

"Boo thang?" You quirk, taking a sip of your drink. 

"Your boyfriend, obviously y/n." 

You make a face, "darn... that's, so unfortunate." 

"Do you not want him to meet me?" Cole questions, exasperation swirling behind his eyes. "Are you that ashamed of your older brother?" 

This makes you laugh, "of course not. It just didn't work out with schedules is all. I'm sure for Christmas break you'll be able to meet him."

"You think you'll stay together until then?" 

"I think so, I-," you cut yourself off, trying to think of the words to explain. "He's really great, Cole. Everything is so natural between us, and I know you're worried but please trust me when I say I'm really happy."

Cole groans, "alright, alright I believe you. Don't spew your lovey-doveyness on me, it'll make me throw up."

You roll your eyes but laugh at him anyway. He's so annoying, but you wouldn't want anyone else to be your big brother. You guys continue to sit and talk about dumb fun things until it's time for him to leave. You both quickly hug, he ruffles your hair (much to your annoyance) and is on his way, making you promise to call him sometime next week.

After you come back from dropping him off, you already have about two hours before you need to leave to get to Izuku's. You decide to have a quick shower then lounge around for a little with your parents, who are watching some random movie they heard was popular. When you have about an hour until you needed to leave, you went up to your room and packed a small overnight bag and changed into a regular outfit. You're not that nervous about meeting his mom, but you want to make a good impression. After you have everything, you hang out with your parents for a little while longer before heading out and making the 3-hour trek to Musutafu. 

Even though you had your audiobook (which is almost done), the drive went by way slower than you were hoping. You were constantly looking down at the estimated arrival time and hoping time would go by faster so you could get to Izuku again. When you had 30 more minutes, you texted Izuku during a red light, saying you were almost there. 

As you pulled down his street and saw his apartment, your stomach involuntarily flipped. After parking in the street next to his apartment complex and texting him that you were there, you took several breathes to calm your nerves.