CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Start from the beginning

As Julie put her microphone back in its stand, the crowd cheered for her speech. She inhaled deeply before hovering her fingers over the keys. From her seat, Carrie scoffed, "Been here before." Her dad looked at her in confusion of her snarky remark before turning back to the stage.

And that's when Julie began the show alone...

"People keep stopping me
People they noticed that something is different
Everything's different 'bout me

I was just minding my business
When I saw the light, something was different
Everything's different this time"

She changed the keys on the keyboard to play the sound of a guitar and she pressed them. This was supposed to be Lee's part.

"Don't stop
Taking all of my time
Make it all yours

Just keep on,
'Cause my heart likes the rush
So, please give me more
More more more"

She heard a whooshing sound and Alex came on stage with the drums. Everyone cheered and gasped at what they saw. From the crowd, Trevor sat forward in his seat at the familiar face.

"Boy, this is crazy 'cause it came out of thin air
It must me magic what you doing, it ain't fair
Oh ooh oh ooh ooh oh oh"

Next was Reggie. He poofed in right next to Julie as he played his bass and joined in with singing 'oh'.

"You got that perfect timing baby and I swear
Our chemistry is gon' make the whole world stare
Oh ooh oh ooh ooh oh oh"

Julie smiled at them. She was so happy to see that they will now be able to cross over. Now just two more members have to show up to the band to be complete.

"Boy, you came out of thin air, thin air, thin air
Like you've always been there, been there, been there"

       Off stage, Flynn and Liam smiled at them. She was doing it, they were still here. They were happy. But in the back of the audience, both Nick and Alec were there in support of their friends, who have both friend zoned them.

"Before it you didn't care, didn't care, didn't care
Came out of thin air, came out of thin air"

Lee had just watched as Reggie followed after Alex and disappeared from Caleb's stage. He was confused as to how this was happening and Lee put it together, Julie was performing. She smiled as she nodded to Luke. She winked to Caleb before walking off his stage, and onto a new one. This time singing her song...

"I won't fool with your love
I won't ever give you up
Pull me in closer,
Not scared to admit I want your touch"

The crowd hollered when they saw Lee walk on stage. Her friends and family who have been trying to reach her let out a breath of relief to see her perfectly fine. Carrie smiled and started clapping for her sisters entry.

"Your voice is a symphony, singing sweet melodies
Pull me in closer
'Cause when the world's over, you got me"

She placed her mic on the stand and grabbed her guitar from next to Julie. All four of them sang the chorus...

"Don't stop
Taking all of my time
Make it all yours

Just keep on,
'Cause my heart likes the rush
So, please give me more
More more more"

Even though Lee's body was facing the crowd, her face was looking to her left in hopes that Luke would come through.

"Boy, this is crazy 'cause it came out of thin air
It must me magic what you doing, it ain't fair
Oh ooh oh ooh ooh oh oh