𝗂𝗏. 𝖬𝖺𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝖧𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗌

Start from the beginning

"Oh, for the love of Gaia." Taehyun mumbled, scratching his forearm. "Can't we talk about something else?"

"Mmm," Kai ignored him. "Does Cielo sound good?"

"Ay, mi cielo." Ria cooed, clasping her hands together in awe. "It suits her. She's a little piece of heaven indeed."

With a soft chirp, Cielo peeked from the healer's pouch. Her blazing head casted yellow luminance throughout the way, inflicting warmth and comfort to the group. Yeonjun blinked at the bird and held his waist.

"You've got a pet?"

Kai's brows furrowed. "What's the matter with that?"

"Nothing. Keep feeding her. She'd make a great meal in case we run out of food."

Kai's face went pale as he held onto the phoenix tightly. Ria's mood dropped upon Yeonjun's insensitivity. Taehyun rubbed his temple, clearly unimpressed. As if she understood what he said, Cielo hid herself once again. Darkness enveloped them as her glow diminished. Cold air touched their skins and eerie whispers lingered behind the trees. Ria shuddered, desperate to reach the exit as soon as possible.

"We're supposed to pass by a village after this." Taehyun informed them. "Marigold Hills is what it is; not too far from here."

"I've never been past this area before." Yeonjun admitted. "I'm curious as to what the other side has to offer."

"Me too." Kai squeaked.

"Speaking of which," the hunter turned to Ria. "Tell me more about my alter-ego."

"Choi Yeonjun is the eldest among all members. He's talented- he can sing, dance, and act. A lot of ladies swoon over his striking physique and attitude. We dub him the 4th Gen It-Boy."

Taehyun huffed. "What does that mean?"

"Not sure." Ria shrugged. "He's probably the new standard in terms of visuals, skills, and persona."

"Good Lord, that could've been me!" Yeonjun seethed. "Damn, that wrench had it easier. Imagine all the women I could've gotten!"

"But you're literally him."

"Stuck in this realm, chasing Lucifer's spawns, of course!"

"Choi Yeonjun's quite a scaredy cat though." Ria snickered. "So, I guess he'd be proud of you for being such a badass."

"What's a badass?" Kai chirped.

"A brave savage? I think that's it."

The four of them blabbered until they were able to escape the suffocating darkness. The sun was already setting when they tasted the breath of fresh air. The vibrant sky showcased hues of red, orange, pink, and purple. A gaggle of geese flew overhead, squawking. Kai and Ria rejoiced. They sprinted towards the vast meadows and into a small village residing in the middle of two hills. Yeonjun sighed, offering Taehyun a helping hand. The mage bluntly took his aid and limped, catching up with the jubilant pair.

Marigold Hills seemed a lot more different than Briar's Willow. The houses were taller. Streets were lined up with clay bricks. Lanterns were brighter and fancier. No vendor wandered the sidewalk as each merchant owned a small boutique. It was a growing and wealthy community, with distinct gentlemen strutting with class and fair maidens chatting with heavenly giggles. Ria tugged on her cloak, feeling a little insecure. Taehyun appeared on her left and soothed her shoulder. Kai aimlessly lazed his vision, admiring the details. Yeonjun remained unfazed.