16 : Blame

N I G H T

Jaylee
Ashton has been out in the balcony all day. He's been with his guitar and and notebook.

Jaylee : Hey....
Ashton : Hi.
Jaylee : I brought you some coffee.
Ashton : Thanks....

Jaylee
He took the coffee from my hands and took a sip before placing it down on the table.

I sat next to him on the couch.

Jaylee : Did you finish it?
Ashton : Yeah
Jaylee : Melody and everything?
Ashton : Yeah
Jaylee : When are you going to record it?
Ashton : I don't know.
Jaylee : Ash......look at me.

Jaylee
He wasn't even looking at me so I cupped his face to force him.

Jaylee : I don't like it when we're this distant. You and I have a great bond which I don't want to ruin.
Ashton : That's the thing Jaylee. This isn't just a friendship. We've kissed multiple times by now. I get you're not ready to jump into another serious relationship but I don't think you're seeing my side.
Jaylee : I don't want to hurt Ash...
Ashton : Cutie, I have feelings you don't. I'm not asking you to correspond to my feelings right now. I just want you to let me be close to you. Let me attack you with affection. I just want a chance with you. A real one.

Jaylee
I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him first this time. He instantly corresponded.

Jaylee : You think I don't feel things? I do! I'm just scared. I have a lot of mixed feelings. You get me?
Ashton : I know you need time to process your feelings.
Jaylee : I loved Seth very much. I feel as if I'm betraying him and I know it's stupid because he's not here anymore but I'm still scared. It's a weird feeling. It feels wrong but right at the same time. I do want to try something with you but I need time. I want us to go slow.
Ashton : The time you need cutie.

Jaylee
I gave him one more kiss before standing up.

Jaylee : Come on let's go inside. It's cold out here.

Jaylee
He finished up his coffee and followed me inside.

We're going to sleep. It's pretty late anyway,

The Next Morning
T H U R S D A Y
Levi and Valerie's House
New - York

The Next Morning T H U R S D A Y Levi and Valerie's House New - York

Valerie : I made scrambled eggs for breakfast.
Levi : Oh bet! And Nevi?
Valerie : He's still sleeping.

-text message-

Levi : Who is it?
Valerie : I don't know. It's some kind of recording...
Levi : Recording?

-Recording-