Alone

Chapter 7
********************************************************
Short Chapter

   Xornoth's POV

      I woke up and got blinded by the light that entered the room. I really did not give a frick. I quickly got and changed into my normal outfit. When I finished I went to check what time it was. 6:54? Still early. I looked over to where Scott was. He was still asleep. That's when I realized he looked like he was crying and was shaking a lot.

      "Scott?" He shot up from the bed and was sweating. "Nightmare?..." he nodded. I got up on his bed and hugged him. How odd, he never gets a nightmare. Unless something happened I did not know occurred. "Scott? Did something happen?" I asked, he stayed silent. "How about you tell me later?" he just nodded. He also pointed at the closet. "Are you going to change?"

********************************************************
   Time Skip
********************************************************

         Scott left the bathroom and came over to me. I was still on his bed. He got back on his bed and rested his head on my shoulder. "Are you still tired?" he just nodded. "I'll be here, don't worry..." I said, trying to calm him down.

********************************************************
   Time Skip
********************************************************

      I woke up to the sound of yelling. I opened my eyes to see "father" dragging Scott by his shirt's collar. "Let go! Let go! Please! Please... It hurts!" "Now you decide to talk... Shut up, you're going to wake up your brother!" He yelled at Scott. "WHAT'S GOING ON!" I shouted. "Father" just looked at me then quickly got out of the room with Scott still dragging him by the collar. I quickly got up and ran towards the door. Then I heard a "click"...

      "LET ME OUT!" I kept punching the door hoping it would open but it did not open. No matter how hard I pounded, I could not open it. I heard the screams of my brother through the door. My hands were covered in bruises. I fell to the floor in defeat. "Is he going to get hurt?" I asked myself. "No, this never happened before. Normally we would just get punched or slapped, it can't happen now..."

      "Is it my fault?" "No... It's not your fault..." "who was that?" I said before spinning around quickly. No one was there... Am I going crazy? I did not realize before but I had tears rolling down my cheeks. Since when have I been crying? What's going on with me? What-?

********************************************************
Time Skip
********************************************************

   Scott's POV

      I sat beside a tree. It was so cold. Father had left me outside. He told me he would be back by tomorrow morning. It was around fall. It wasn't the coldest but still cold. It was so cold that it took about 20 minutes for my tears to freeze on my face. It was soon going to be night and I had nothing to keep myself warm enough.

(HC: The Rivendell royals and citizens need to be in cool temperatures to not get sick so they can't be too warm or too cold)

      I looked around the kingdom and saw the embassies. Wait, the Crystal Cliffs aren't too far away. I should be able to get there by nightfall. I can't let them know I'm going to be there, but at least the temperatures are better. I will just be there until sunrise then head back where father had left me.

Just get there by nightfall and be back by sunrise

Words: 575