I Guess I'm a Book Reviewer Now

So, April was a very interesting month for me. First, because I spent at least a week of it with a busted (sprained? I'm not sure) finger, which meant that typing almost anything was impossible. And second, because I used that time where I couldn't write to jump into something I've been wanting to do for probably 9 months or a year. 

I started an Instagram / Blog for reviewing romance novels. 

I thought to myself, "Oh, it's going to be fine. You'll start off slow with a few books and then eventually more people will be interested in hearing your thoughts and you'll get more books." 

Friends, how very wrong I was. 

I posted a quick call for books and got myself a netgalley account and since I started almost three weeks ago, I have reviewed nine books and have received copies of more than 30 more. 

I am completely floored that so many authors and publishers took a chance on such a small book reviewer as myself but I'm also so excited to be reading all of these amazing books. If you are interested in watching that chaos, my blog is readthatromance.com and my instagram handle is readthatromance. 

Come find me. Come hang out. We read a lot of romance books and I share how amazing they all are. It's good fun. 

~ * ~ But What About Writing? ~ * ~

Well, I am pleased to report my finger is well and truly healed and I'm hard at work typing way too many words again! Okay, not too many, but a lot. I mostly explained how my camp NaNoWriMo experience went in the previous chapter, so let's move on to what's ahead, shall we?

I tried to think of a cohesive way to put this for you, and basically what I came up with is this: 

That is my brain right now, working on so many ideas and getting so many things done! I'm excited to share them with you, though, so I'm going to do my best to describe what's going on in writing land

That is my brain right now, working on so many ideas and getting so many things done! I'm excited to share them with you, though, so I'm going to do my best to describe what's going on in writing land. In a way that isn't just a tornado gif. 

Mrs. Matched is a chapter or two from finished! I can't believe it's almost done! 

Vegas Knot is about half posted. I'm in the process of finishing the edits on the second half ahead of those chapters posting. I should be finishing that up this week. I will keep posting two chapters a week for that until it's done and then you will get to see...

Roatan Plunge is in the planning and early writing stages. Lorena and Oscar are hilarious and are very excited to share their story with you starting mid to late July this year! (That's only two months away? How?) 

~ * ~ On Top Of That ~ * ~

I'm also doing a few other things: 

First, I'm working on editing and completely revamping A Royal Internship with an editor. This is happening offline and will likely take some time. What will I do with it once it's written? I'm not sure yet, as I'm still exploring my options. But I'm so excited for it to be the best book it can be. And in the mean time, it is still here for you to read for free. I will let you know if that changes. 

Second, I'm working on a Super Secret Project (TM) which I'll share more about in the next update. 

Third, I'm still working behind the scenes to research for Time Travel Princess (Peru). This is the first historical fiction I'm attempting and I know I need more of the setting and planning before I'll be able to write it in a way I'm happy with. Thank you for sticking around while I share my cool research and squeal about how excited the whole thing makes me. 

~ * ~ That's All Folks! ~ * ~

Before I go, a big huge thank you to everyone who reads, votes, comments, or generally enjoys my writing. I've been putting a lot of energy into making stories people love to read and it brings me an immeasurable amount of joy when I achieve that. So thank you, for caring about me and my stories. Thank you for being here, and thank you for clicking over to the next chapter so you can see how my Super Secret Project (TM) is going. 

You are all amazing and I'm humbled and excited to keep writing alongside you all. 

Until next time,

Eliza.