Season 2 - Part 7

Note: I DO NOT own The Dragon Prince or Dragon Ball so don't report me. This is for entertainment purposes only and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

It had been some time since our trio saw something in the clouds.

They had reached the shore, saying their goodbyes to Villads & Berto before continuing on with their journey to Xadia.

They eventually made their way to a cliff face with an opening the next day.

They decided to rest there for the night as Callum sat at the edge, checking out the Key of Aaravos, the Sky rune glowed as he held it, rolling it on the ground as the sun rune glowed with Bait being present.

Callum: What do you think it is, Bait?

Bait just looks at Callum confused, not having a clue in regards to the cube.

Callum: He said it was a key, but a key to what?

Rayla: You practicing magic or are you losing to Bait at a game of rolly-cubes?

Callum: Magic. I have no idea what this cube can do, but I'm excited to find out. Have you been practicing your ki?

Rayla: Yeah. I'm getting better.

She says, standing up and concentrating as she creates a ki sphere the size of a softball, firing it into the distance.

Callum: Nice one, Rayla!

Rayla: Thanks.

The two talked for a few more minutes before heading into the cave to get some sleep.

Some time later, everyone woke up upon hearing a roar.

Rayla: Oh, no. I know that sound.

Callum: What is it?

Rayla: Nothing good.

She said as she ran out to see for herself as Callum followed. Ezran went after them but Zym tried to follow.

Ezran: Stay here, it might not be safe out there. Bait, watch over Zym, please!

He said as our trio exited the cave to witness a dragon setting a distant town on fire.

Callum: What's a dragon doing here? Why is it attacking the town?

Rayla: I-I don't know.

She said as they watched the Dragon fly around, breathing fire while the human soldiers there fired ballistas, eventually hitting the beast.

Rayla: They hit it!

She yelled as the dragon started losing altitude, heading their way.

Callum immediately grabs Rayla & Ezran, pushing them down to the ground as the dragon flew just a couple of feet above them, falling in the distance.

Ezran: Oh no!

Callum: Come on, let's go!

He said as our trio ran into the forest, only a couple minutes had passed as they made their way to a clearing seeing the dragon lying on the ground.

Callum: Is it okay?

He asked as they approached her.

Ezran placed his hands onto the dragon's snout just before she opened her eyes and groaned softly due to her injuries.

Ezran gasped as the dragon looked into the prince's eyes as morning had arrived.

Ezran: You're in pain. Don't worry, we can help you.

He said, hugging the dragon's snout before looking to see the bolt stuck in her side.

Ezran: There. Beneath her wing.