So ultimately,  I decided to scratch the itch that brain wouldn't let me ignore.

"You're doing it wrong, you know." I mumbled, the words were barely loud enough for him to hear. I didn't take my eyes off my own bouquet, but I could sense his neck craning and his eyes flickering over to gape at me.

"I didn't ask." He muttered. I wasn't looking at him but I just knew he carried his signature asshole espression.

I immediately regretted my gracious decision of attempting to help him, and wished I would've just not said anything in the first place and let him fail.

"I was just letting you know because this is a major grade. You don't have to be rude." I spoke, making sure I included heavy attitude in my tone. I was now looking at him in the eye, a stone cold expression lathered onto my face. I was literally just trying to do him a favor, but somehow he found a way to make me wish I never had.

"Yeah? Well I didn't ask you to." He muttered, not breaking eye contact with me. Almost as if he was trying to make up for breaking it so quickly last time we interacted.

His eyes stared at me and I utilized my own to really take in his features. From the very small amount of stubble on his chin to the pink shade of his lips that matched with the flowers on the table. If he wasn't so fucking insolent, I would say he had nice attributes. Though, I would never say it out loud. I had a boyfriend, there was no changing that.

"Whatever, it's your grade." I finally broke the ongoing gaze we mutually shared. I let him win.

Now we were tied.

We sat in silence the remainder of the class period, I didn't say anything else, and neither did he. And I was fine with that. I didn't want to share any more words with someone with an attitude as nasty as his.

I ended up using the rest of my time to finish my arrangement, I was proud of how it came out. It looked really good and I finished way before the deadline, like I knew I would, despite my minor setbacks.

The pink and white carnations were intricately placed in a way that I had designed, the greenery spilled from the sides of the floral foam and even erupted in between the flowers to act as a filler.

I stayed in my seat until nearly the end of class, only getting up to place my arrangement in the freezer.

The bell rang which let us know that we were free to go to either our next class or our lunch periods, depending on which one each student had. I slumg my backpack over my shoulder, and began to drag myself over to the door that I entered through.

Vinnie followed suit and I could tell from the sound of his feet hitting the floor that he wasn't too far behind me.

He was actually really close to me.

Real fucking close. Too close for my liking.

And just as I turned to violently comment on it, I stepped on his foot losing my balance and falling into his chest. My knees weakened at the unexpected plunge, and the only thing that was stopping my body from not fully hitting the ground was the pair of strong, vein-streaked arms holding on to me.

My hands gripped onto his white shirt as if my life depended on it, and there was no doubt that his shirt would be left with wrinkles in it. He stared down at me, his face was more relaxed this time and his lips tugging upwards ever so slightly in the most cocky way. I hated it.