6.

-

Naomi Montana

It felt so unnatural for two people like Harry and Vinnie to be related in any kind of way. They were complete opposites, Vinnie was arrogant, he felt like raging storm that just wouldn't quit. While Harry was the exact opposite. He seemed spirited, lively, happy.

Cherry was just as shocked as I was when I told her about what happened. We both agreed that Gabe and Harry were both acting off, especially when they completely cut off their conversation when they realized I was beginning to listen.

They were definitely talking shit about me.

I chuckle at the thought, knowing that if Gabe truly had a problem with me, he wouldn't hesitate to say it to my face.

I was still debating attending the party that Harry was throwing at his house, but I knew that no matter what decision I ended up making, it would make no difference. Cherry and Jade would probably still drag me over there despite whichever answer I chose to give them. Cherry practically ordered everyone she knew to attend, and encouraged Jade and I to invite the cheer team, to which we obeyed.

Inviting the team basically meant inviting the whole school, many of the girls had already posted the party invitation that we sent out on their social medias, officially confirming that was where everyone was going to be at this weekend.

I was actually grateful, if I was gonna show up to the house of a boy I barely knew, I wanted to see atleast a couple familiar faces in the crowd. Plus, Cherry said it would be a good way for Harry to start making more friends at our school.

I took the liberty of inviting Colton, who only shrugged and said he would 'Let me know.' But I knew he was going to be there. Knowing him, he never missed an opportunity to party to help take his mind off things, and of course he would bring his teammates along. They never seemed to leave his side, and that was coming from his girlfriend.

After seeing Vinnie at my job Saturday, I dreaded the inevitable existence of time that would soon bring me right back in a cold classroom that smelled of flowers and the Bath & Body Works candles that my teacher never seemed to stop burning. I knew he would be right there next to me, clad in whatever stupid outfit he chose to wear that day, wearing that stupid bitter look he always had whenever I saw him.

I was right too, because when Sunday passed and Monday came, there he was in my floral design class, exactly how I knew he'd be.

He was sat at our designated table, already working on his arrangement. He was doing it wrong, of course, I could tell all the way from my motionless position in the doorway. I knew I needed to get out of the way because eventually one of my classmates would need to enter just as I needed to, but I simply didn't want to. I didn't want to deal with sitting in irritated silence for 60 minutes while I pretended not to feel uncomfortable with the tall boy next to me.

I let out a deep sigh, and tightened my grip on the strap of my light pink backpack. I walked over to the freezer to retrieve my floral arrangement that still desperately needed more greenery. Just after making my way to the wooden table the blonde and I shared, I dropped my backpack on the floor in between both of our seats. I glanced at Vinnie's arrangement. It looked distasteful and I eagerly wanted to do something about it, or atleast correct him.

But I didn't.

Instead, I let him continue doing it wrong until I just couldn't anymore. It irked my soul to the core, and the fact that I had a naturally obsessive personality didn't help my case at all.