{Chapter Four}

Y/N was in the middle of an important computer graphics piece for the Free City sequel when Millie had texted them. Pushing back the memories of last night's quarrel, they checked the message

I'm logging into the game. Do you have a moment?

Yeah sure, just gimme a sec.

They did a clean sweep of the office for security guards who could possibly be on guard then grabbed their headphones and laptop. They passed through a hallway, greeting off-duty employees with a friendly nod and made a left turn, and stopped at the entrance of the janitor's closet. They checked over both shoulders then turned the door handle, internally cheering that the door was unlocked then stepped inside the room, closing the door behind them.

Y/N settled on the chilled, tiled floor, resting their back against a shelf filled with buckets and disinfectant bottles. The heavy stench of chemicals burned the inside of their nostrils as they added their login password and settled onto the location of the map.

"Mills, are you there?" Y/N checked, setting their headphones on and adjusting the microphone. "Can you hear me?"

"Yeah, I can hear you."

They spotted her character ducking behind the tall grass. They copied the same thing, joining her side.

"Do you have a moment?" They whispered.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"First off...your accent filter's off-"

"Oop sorry, hold on," her avatar froze for a couple of seconds before returning, the British accent now prominent in her speech, "Alright, we're good."

"Second of all, on behalf of Keys and myself, I want to apologize for last night. We were extremely tired and stressed from yesterday's work and having to deal with complaints from others, what we said was rude and unnecessary and-"

"Y/N it's okay, don't sweat it." Millie reassured, "It happens to most of us."

"So we're cool?"

"We're cool."

"Alright cool." They breathed freely.

Now with the whole conflict settled, they began the mission: Obtain Clip 56 from the stash house without getting caught. The pair rose from their spot in the grass and took cover behind a large rock. Molotov pulled out a spyglass from her pocket and began scoping out the easiest access to the entrance of the base. Vesper pulled binoculars from theirs and began keeping tags on the guards. The two immensely concentrated on the objective on their hands to pick up on the soft footsteps crunching against the grass.

"What are we lookin' at?" A hushed male voice asked, causing Vesper's protective instincts to kick in.

The silver-haired person apprehended the man and flipped him onto his back, pressing their knee onto the man who was completely caught off guard.

"Who the hell are you?" Vesper spat bewilderedly, aiming their Glock to the man's forehead. "Do you work for the man who runs the stash house?" Molotov joined them at their side, armed with a hunting knife.

"Okay, okay, okay. We ran into each other the other day, you were humming that great song." Guy confessed, shielding his hands from his face.

"Which one are you talking about?"

He pointed a quivering index finger toward Molotov, "Her."

Molotov dropped down on her knees, squinting intensely at the fear-stricken man, "Oh yeah. I thought you were an NPC."