ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1: ʏ ᴏ ᴜ ' ʀ ᴇ ɴ ᴏ ᴛ?

~|~

~|~

"𝚂𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝?"

~|~

____

Diona's Person POV

____

Why is a women's virginity important to a man?

It is an infantile superstition of the human spirit that virginity would be thought a virtue and not the barrier that separates ignorance from knowledge.

What is the problem with a woman not being a virgin?

Men and sometimes women believe that deflowering an angel could mean an eternity in a fiery hell.

Why is it so flipped when it comes to a man not being a virgin? A woman who isn't a virgin is looked down on as a slut or whore...

-but a man is praised and worshipped...as a player. 

Very much one-sided don't you think?

It's one thing to be a virgin woman...but to be a desirable virgin is another thing.

The desirable virgin is sexy but not sexual. 

She's young, white, and skinny. 

She's a cheerleader and a babysitter; she's accessible and eager to please remember those ethics of passivity! 

She's never a woman of color. 

She's never a low-income girl or a fat girl. 

She's never disabled. 

Virgin is a designation for those who meet a certain standard of what women, especially young women, should look like. 

As for how these young women are supposed to act? A blank slate is best.

For women especially, virginity has become the easy answer- the morality quick fix. 

You can be vapid, stupid, and unethical, but so long as you've never had sex, you're a good (i.e. moral) girl and therefore worthy of praise.

This may sound stupid but I wish I was still a virgin.

Don't get me wrong, I love sex but sometimes I just wish I was a virgin. 

I wish my innocence was not forcefully snatched...

As a kid who'd heard many times about sex and virginity, I didn't want to lose my virginity to feel like I'm losing something.

I wanted it to feel like I'm finding something.

I wanted sex to be amazing.

I wanted it to be life-altering and wonderful.

And I wanted it to happen with someone I loved...faith had other plans though

I think virginity is fine, just as having sex is fine. 

I don't really care what women do sexually, and neither should you. 

In fact, that's the point. 

I believe that a young woman's decision to have sex, or not, shouldn't impact how she's seen as a moral actor.

"So Diona...are you a virgin?" Micheal asked causing all heads to snap at me

David had already given me the rules of not having sex and being pure...

I don't think he heard me when I said I've had many hookups...maybe he just chose to ignore it. Either way his problem.

I'm not going to lie to satisfy his sick ego.

"No" I shrugged

(A/N: I do not like writing in the first person)

"I knew she was a fucking whore" Cameron muttered 

"You're not a virgin?" Esme asked

"No...am I supposed to be?" 

Was I supposed to be a virgin?

Obviously, life had a different plan

David and Jacob were oddly quiet. They were probably rethinking their whole alliance with the Italians and Mexicans

Maybe that's why all hell broke loose

I'm not an advocate of promiscuity, but then I'm also not an advocate of being virginal. 

It's not like I put virginity or celibacy on a pedestal, and as long as I don't get your promiscuity rubbed into my face— I don't care about it! 

What I do care about is the ability to recognize the sanctity of a union of two souls— you just can't say your soul isn't being united with others when you have sex with them. 

So I think you'd better own up to what you're doing— no matter how frequently or infrequently or with how many different people you do it. 

I mean, make good choices! 

You are, after all, entwining your soul with another's.

You have soul ties with the people you sleep with and even when you are no longer in bed with them, they remain in your head. 

Your thoughts are consumed by their absence in your life. 

We feel disconnected from something when we give away our most prized bodily asset to a person that can't even spell our last name correctly.

I-V-A-N-O-V

____

Just a Lil something for yall.

Thoughts?

Adieu!

____