3. Kangaroos No. Wolves Yes

A/N:
Hey guys, just wanna shout out everyone who have voted for the new chapters! Thanks so much!:) x

And sorry I just had to put this up there HAHAHAHAHAHA

Continue with the chapter~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catherine's POV:

I wordlessly looked out the car's window, eyes puffy from crying last night. Jake and I sat side by side, quiet, both lost in thought. I watched as the tall buildings in the city blur by, the scenery changed into the country side. There was no words that were needed to be said. We have already said our goodbyes last night.

Jake held out a comforting hand and I gladly took it. I smiled gratefully at him and he gave a small smile back. I watched as we slowly pulled up to the airport. My parents parked their car, took out my suitcases and we strolled in together. We walked in front of the entrance to the customs. Hugging my parents and Jake one last time, I whispered my 'I love yous', and turned around, walking in without turning back around to face them.

I went through customs and found my seat on the airplane successfully. I leaned against the window, as I heard the pilot go over the safety procedures on the intercom above us. I never liked flying, and I am terrified of heights. Figuring the best thing I could do at the moment was to rest, I closed my eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep.

"Ms, Ms. Please put on your seatbelt in preparation for landing." A hand shook me awake. I sleepily nodded at her, and followed her instructions. I felt my ears start to painfully pop as the plane started descending. I always hated this part. I suddenly felt the plane drop down, and I felt my heart start to beat faster. My breathing quickens and I felt terror take over my body as we hit another turbulence. The plane shook again, and finally settled down. I chanted to myself to relax and calm down. I've never had a panic attack before, but I always freaked easily about planes. The intercom above me beeped, and the pilot's voice rang through.

"Welcome to Melbourne. The local time is 3:30 in the afternoon. The temperature is 25°. Thank you for traveling with us today, it was a pleasure to have you on board. We hope to see you again soon. Have a nice holiday or welcome home." The intercom beeped again. I unbuckled my seatbelt, took out my luggage from the overhead storage, and lined up as we left the plane. I smiled at the pilot and the flight attendants who were waiting by the door, thanking them for a great flight.

 I went through the long line in the Australian customs, and finally, walked into the sunshine in Melbourne. I saw a rounded but excited lady waving a card that had my name on it. "Aunt Tilly!" I walked over, and was wrapped up in a tight hug. "Oof I can't breath auntie." I choked.

"Oh sorry Cat darling. I'm just so excited to see you! The last time you came to visit me you were just this tall!" She used her hands to indicate the height. I chuckled. I don't really remember my aunt very well, but I can tell that we will get on just fine. Aunt Tilly have long curly brown hair, with bright red streaks running through them. She have a flush on her rounded cheeks which gave a nice and friendly vibe.

"My my Catherine, you've grown! Not much in height but you look like a matured young adult!" It's true. At the age of sixteen, I'm shorter than most people. I'm only 5'2. I have straight dark hair running down the the upper middle of my back, pale skin, a flattish nose, and full lips. In my opinion, my lips are the best feature on my body. My cleavage have stopped growing the same time my height stopped, so I am only an A cup. I dislike my body, and I'm not very confident.

"Thank you Aunt Tilly. You don't look so bad yourself. You haven't aged a year over thirty!" I blushed at her compliment.

"Oh hush girl. You really know how to make a old women like me feel good about myself. Come on, we have a long drive till we get home!" She dragged one of my suitcases and led the way to her car.

We have been driving for one and a half hour now. Aunt Tilly and I made small conversations during the ride. She told me that we will be staying at a suburb called Boronia. We talked about our lives and caught up all the years we haven't seen each other. The scenery was gorgeous. The city had tall skyscrapers, the country side had lush green hills and trees. She rolled down the windows and blasted the music. I felt my hair whip around me messily, and I actually felt happy. Maybe this wasn't such a bad place to be.

Near the end of the car ride, we drove though single lane road that have thick greenland surrounding it. There were movements in the trees, and it's not from the wind. I tried to get a better look at it, but my hair kept getting into my face. I squinted, thinking that perhaps it's a kangaroo. My mouth fell open when I realised what it is. No, unfortunately it is not a kangaroo. It was a huge black wolf, sprinting alongside our car in the forest. It turned its eyes at me, black pupils almost staring into my soul. Then it vanished. Just like that. I blinked, my eyes searching to find it again.

"What are you doing dear? Be careful to not fall out the window." Aunt Tilly joked.

"I-I just saw a wolf!" I stammered.

"Maybe it was just a shadow. There are no wolves in this area dear. Come on. We are nearly there."

I felt that something is staring at me, but I shook it off. My aunt's right. It's probably just my imagination. I leaned back, and relaxed. Trying to push the nagging feeling out of mind, instead, focusing on the fact that I will be starting school in a day.

A thought suddenly occurred to me. "Hey auntie, how do students get to school here?" I asked.

"You will either walk, or take the bus to school, just like any other countries. How did you think they get to school?." Aunt chuckled.

I mumbled something incoherent. "What about koalas? Are they very common?" I asked again, with hope shining from my eyes.

My aunt laughed. "Koalas are endangered animals. You can hardly see them out in the wild unless you go on a trek in a mountain walk. You can see them in the zoo."

I pouted. Damn. I was looking forward to riding kangaroos and petting koalas.

We slowly pulled up to a street full of houses, I mean mansions. "Wow." I stared, amazed. "Which house is your's auntie?"

"That one, at the end of the road." She pointed. We pulled up to the said house. It wasn't as luxurious or big as the other houses, but this one felt homey. "I hope you're not disappointed dear." Auntie chuckled.

"No! I think this house will be super homey and cute!" We dragged my luggage out of the trunk.

She opened the door, and said "Welcome to mi casa! Mi casa es su casa. Pardon my Spanish dear, I learnt this from a movie." She chuckled lightly. "Now, the bedrooms are upstairs, your bedroom is straight down the hall, last door on the right. My bedroom will be diagonally across from yours. Get settled in. Dinner starts at 6. You can go out to the backyard if you want." I nodded my thanks, and started hauling my suit cases up the stairs.