Chapter VII - the devil you

Start from the beginning

"What are you-" Lucifer started to say just as I moved the laser up to his chest. Luna jumped at him, causing him to fall onto his back, cutting his sentence short as he landed with a thump.

"Human-"

He's cut short again as Luna reached for the red dot on his lips. He tried to turn away but Luna kept pawing at him, making it hard for him to move. Now, it's time for me to take my leave before he got free and attacked me.

I quickly hopped up and sneaked into the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of water before peaking out at the clock in the living room. It's about time for Luna to eat, I should just prepare it now.

I took my time filling her bowl and re-filling her water bowl before I walked back out.

Luna had calmed down and was lying on Lucifer's chest, lazily pawing at his collar. Lucifer had given up on getting Luna to stop and was just laying there.

I watched that go on for a while before finally speaking up. "Aren't you having fun." I cooed. Lucifer lifted just his head off the floor to look at me before letting out a sarcastic laugh.

"Luna, come here." I called and shook the bowl I had in hand, making the pellets rattle and catching Luna's attention.

She quickly hopped off of Lucifer and came over as I placed the bowl on the floor for her.

I straightened up to see Lucifer who still hasn't moved an inch. He did looked pretty comfortable just laying there though.

Walking over, I grabbed a pillow from the armchair before settling down beside him. How have I not laid down here before, the carpet was so soft.

"I'll get back at you next time." Lucifer said, breaking the silence. I think we were both too comfortable to move right now.

"Yea, yea." I let out a yawn, "next time." I replied as I stared up at the ceiling. And before I knew it, I drifted off to sleep.

A few hours later, I woke up from my unintentional nap with a blanket over me.

I turned over to see that the room was empty and the only light was that from the buildings outside. It's been a while since I had the time to take such a long nap.

I groaned as I pushed myself up, wondering how late it was and realising how hungry I was too. I'll order take out in a while, sushi sounds pretty good.

But first, the house was oddly quiet I noticed and Lucifer was no where in sight. He must've gone back after I fell asleep, he's got nothing to do here anyway.

I sat there rubbing my eyes as I heard his voice. Who's gone?

Oh, you're still here?

I turned to see a figure standing by the kitchen entrance. "What are you doing?" I asked groggily as he came to turn the lights on.

"I ordered sushi."

It took me a while to process that. Lucifer ordered sushi, for me, for dinner. I was just thinking about sushi. "Huh?"

"I fed Luna too, she was getting hungry."

I looked up at him with creased eyebrows, I have so many questions. How, why did you get sushi? How did you know where Luna's food is? And how did you know it was time to feed her?

I got up and walked past him, into the kitchen for a glass of water. Waking up was never something I was good at.

She told me.

I swallowed the water in one gulp and turned to him, "who?" Being so confused wasn't really helping me either.

"Luna. She said that you usually order in sushi or pizza." Lucifer sighed, "she also told me where you keep her food so she wouldn't starve."

"Luna? You can talk to her?" I gulped down another glass as he was talking and now, I'm awake. "And you got me sushi?" I grinned.

"Did she say anything about me?"

Lucifer ignored that last question. "Yea, it's coming in a while. And I can talk to any animal."

Again, I'm impressed. He has so many powers and abilities I could only wish I had. "What else can you do?" I asked in anticipation.

He let out a chuckle, obviously glad I was so interested. "A lot of things." I sighed, looks like he still doesn't plan to tell me.

"Then, can I see the devil you?"

The last I saw was a smirk before a puff of black smoke rose up from his feet, engulfing him. A moment later, it thinned out to show Lucifer standing there just like the first time I saw him.

I stared at him in awe, it felt like he came straight out of a storybook. Even if it was from the horror genre.

"Scared?" He studied me with those pitch black eyes and had a grin so wide it pulled up to his ears. His voice had dropped more than a couple octaves and it echoed down the hall. 

"Terrified." I replied as I stepped toward him, the looming figure in the corner of my kitchen. My eyes wandered from his, slowly taking in every inch of his body.

Instinctively, I reached out to touch the black substance clinging onto his skin. It reacted and started to dance around my fingers. "You can control this right?" I looked back up to Lucifer who gave nod.

Like vines, it entangled itself around my fingers and formed an opening. "You're so cold." I gasped as my fingers came into contact with Lucifer's skin. I guess the movies were right, the devil does burn cold.

As Lucifer reached over to remove my hand, the black substance untangled itself and stuck back to his skin. Just then, an image of Lucifer from the movies popped into my head. 

Wings. Does he have wings?

Lucifer let out a chuckle as I looked up at him expectantly. I knew he heard me and I really wanted an answer. "Do you?"

In one motion, he grabbed my hands and pulled me out of the kitchen. Only, we didn't step into the living room.

My hands slipped from his as I stepped to the edge of the building, looking out at where the city lights and the stars merged into one.

"Lucifer, look at the..." My voice hitched in my throat as I took a breath. I had turned around to see Lucifer standing a few steps away from me, white feathered wings stretching out from his back.

They shone, under the moonlight. The most magnificent thing I've ever seen.

"... stars."