Chapter 21: Fears & Forgiveness

Start from the beginning

You nodded your head without guessing his next move. He kneeled in front of you and started pushing your pant legs. For the first time, you were taller than him. Yet this all seemed kind of familiar...

You hesitated. "Maybe you should let it be."

As you wiggled your leg, he stopped and looked up in confusion. "But it's going to get wet."

"That's fine with me."

A thought flashed through his mind. "Oh, would you rather do it yourself?"

"No, it's just—" You glanced at his eyes, noticing how a golden inner ring was peeking out of his forest eyes. It really surprised you how Ms. Rey could resist them. Oh right, because of his shitty personality. "I forgot to shave."

Professor Ren stood up and knitted his brows. "Are you embarrassed?" He then let out a chuckle. "Why would that bother me? It's just hair that keeps your legs warm. I have them too, and even more than you."

You clasped your arm as your gaze passed through the air. "Yeah but—"

"But what? Hm?" He crossed his arms, waiting for an argument. His coldness disappeared. You didn't know if it was because of the apartment where he suddenly changed into a nice person or he was just a talented actor with a lot of patience.

You couldn't tell him how embarrassed you felt, for the teacher you dislike the most taking care of you. He didn't want to do this, and you wished you had chosen a different place. Even standing with him so close in the same room felt so illegal.

"Did you think I would judge you for what you choose to do with your body?" he continued.

You bit your cheek. "Sort of."

He rolled his eyes. "I really don't want to know what else you think about me."

"It's just — you look like someone who judges people as a hobby."

He took a better look at you, slowly tracing his eyes at you from up to down. "And yet you're the one who judges me," he said in a dark tone.

There is nothing you'd rather do than to sink into the ground right here and now. As he went back to pushing up your pant legs, you lost your balance and braced yourself with your hand on his shoulder.

"Sorry," you let out in a squeak.

He grunted. "If it keeps you from falling, you'd better keep your hand on me."

A shiver ran down your back. Maybe he was not such a scumbag after all. Maybe he could guess that you are not exactly comfortable with him in your current state? It felt wrong. Even more wrong than being at home with Vicrul.

Professor Ren straightened and clasped his hands. "Alright. Now carefully get into the bathtub."

You gasped in surprise. "What did ya just say?"

"Get in the bathtub, so I can wash your feet."

You scrunched up your face and scraped the back of your head. "I don't like how this sounds. Why don't you just let me take a full shower?"

He chuckled while scratching his neck. "So, you slip and pass out?" He continued, lifting his voice. "And then I have to explain to the ambulance and your parents why their daughter was with her teacher in the middle of the night? No, thank you."

That you have not thought of. He was just as obligated as you to keep his mouth shut. Which basically meant you both had from now on the same secret. And God forbid if anyone found out...

He frowned as he calmed down. "Look... I'd rather sell my soul to the devil than do that. But if you're not even capable of standing on one leg, how am I supposed to trust you enough to let you shower alone without accidentally killing yourself?"