Chapter 11 pt 1

2 September 1991
Dungeons
After a long and enlightening conversation with professor snape, Harry was sent back to the dormitory to prepare for classes. However, in his absence, chaos had taken root inside the common room.
From his minute of observation standing at the entrance to the common room, Draco had picked a fight with one of the seniors, Charlie Azazel, and Blaise in an effort to stop him, had somehow said something that offended half the girls in the common room and was being pelted by spells of every kind, daphne and Pansy had launched into a heated argument with a pair of twins and Crabbe and goyle were being scolded by Gemma. Millicent was nowhere to be seen and Theodore was sitting far away from everyone and next to the entrance, and because he was one of the only ones not involved and the only first year around, Harry decided to talk to him.
Except that when he tapped him on the shoulder, it elicited an intense reaction from him, the latter jumping up and accidentally hitting Harry in the face with the book in his hands.

So accurate is this picture
"Ouch!"
Harry yelped, holding his poor eye that took the brunt of the impact.
"Oh sorry, potter, but really don't come to me if you have no one else to talk to just because I'm the only other first year here, bullstrode took your snake just now and I have no idea where she is-"
Harry interrupted Theodore's frantic ramblings as he passed the fallen book back to him.
"Well, I feel it'll be rather awkward to talk to anyone else so..."
"Oh yeah, I suppose that's kind of true."
"Besides how did you know what I was thinking?"
Harry raised an eyebrow at Theodore's unnatural behaviour, he seemed unusually nervous and panicked, his eyes looking everywhere but Harry.
"...it's written all over your face?"
"Is it that obvious?"
"Yeah."
"Oh."
Harry sensed something strange about him but he didn't push it any further, sitting down and Theodore sat next to him after a few seconds.
"What book is that?"
"Dark arts and counter curses, made by professor snape."
"Professor snape?"
"Yeah, he wanted to be a defence against the dark arts teacher, he has a few books on it."
"Where did you get it?"
"A shop in knockturn alley."
Theodore clinched when Harry suddenly leaned very close, staring at him unblinkingly.
"Show me."
"D...during the holidays, now get away from me please."
Harry returned to his original position and Theodore sighed in relief.
"You can borrow this first I guess."
"I can?"
"Yeah."
"Thanks then."
Harry flipped through the first few pages, and was amazed by the detailed explanations inside.
"This is amazing!"
"You know what else is amazing?"
"What?"
Theodore pointed behind them, where the fight had heated up even more, Blaise had turned into a pink Smurf lookalike and well it was even more in a disarray.
"The stupidity of those people."
Harry snorted as Draco crashed headfirst into Charlie, looking like a blonde bull.
"I don't think that's stopping anytime soon."
"Not unless professor snape comes in."
"Unlikely, he's probably marking scripts right now."
"Then we're in for a long day."