Chapter 10

2 September 1991
Dungeons
Harry awoke to the sound of shuffling and a small thud. It was approximately 5 in the morning, slightly earlier the time he normally woke up, so he swept himself out from under the covers, feeling the soft fluffy carpet beneath his feet and padded over to the source of the sound.
"Malfoy?"
He whispered, walking past the bed where there was a small dim light shining beneath what seemed to be a blanket.
He came closer, trying to see exactly why he was supposedly hiding beneath the blanket when a knock came from the door which slowly opened.
"Potter?"
Harry sighed, answering the person and leaving the room, but he still caught sight of Draco slithering out from under the blanket and running into the bathroom.
"Abaddon."
One of the prefects, Matthew if Harry remembered correctly, was standing by the door, waiting for Harry to come out.
"Apologies for coming at this early hour, however, professor snape has asked for your presence."
Harry nodded, slightly worried because it was still early and he didn't wish to make a bad first impression of the slytherin professor that he totally didn't admire. He was 100% sure he did not look his best now.
He followed Matthew out of the slytherins dormitory and to the potions office where professor snape was standing poised and regal.
He looked like the pictures, black hair and eyes and sallow skin, yet he had a powerful aura to him. Or maybe it was just Harry's admiration talking.
"Good morning mr potter."
Harry hurriedly bowed, replying his greeting immediately.
"Thank you for your help, Matthew. Please return to your room and visit Hypnos this time."
"Yes, professor."
Harry watched Matthew all but run away and his attention returned to snape when he cleared his throat.
"I apologise for the inconvenience, potter. However, you can blame your father for insisting you meet with them now."
"Wait. My parents? Why now? I should have brought uma. Damn the fates."
Harry wordlessly accepted his horrid fate, entering the office with snape.
The office was filled with shelves of multi coloured potions and cauldrons, the perfect place for a potion maker. Heaven would be its name if Harry could make it.
Of course, on the few sofas and couches in the middle of the room, sat his parents, Lily seemed to be comforting James and she looked over the couch to see them coming in.
"Sev! Hadrian!"
She stood up and walked over, enveloping Harry in a tight hug and smiling at snape, who obviously returned the friendliness.
"I will have your head if anything happens to my son in your house, snivellus!"
Lily groaned as James launched into a tirade on why slytherin was bad and that he would have Harry resorted in an instant if he so much as saw a single cut on him.
Snape didn't take it lying down so he argued back and now it was a fast paced quarrel between the two while Lily was cursing under her breath about stupid boys and she should have left James at home.
"Only evil wizards come out of slytherin!"
"Then how about Merlin?"
"That's only the minority!"
"Not like your dear gryffindor house is better, if anything your dear son is more likely to get bullied there. Look at your old friend pettigrew, the one that almost killed you."
"You and Peter were both death eaters! Under your care, my son would be dead before he graduates!"
"Under your care your son would die of embarrassment and shame before the week was up."
"James, stop it. Sev, don't entertain his childish antics."
Lily admonished, crossing her arms and glaring at them.
"I'm staying in slytherin."
Harry piped up, attracting attention as he bobbed on the spot for no other reason than to appear totally naive and innocent, and maybe to try provoking James for no particular reason.
"Are you sure, Hadrian? I'm sure Dumbledore won't mind-"
"Yes, dad. I want to stay in slytherin."
Therein lies the power a child holds over the parent with the simple acknowledgement of them being the parent. The power is very effective if said parent had commited acts worthy of being forsaken and disowned by the child. The pinnacle of all persuasion powers lies in the hands of a child.
James did a 180 and Lily shook her head, smiling as James shook snape's hand, much to snape's utter shock and bewilderment, spewed one last warning to snape to take care of Harry and all but skipped and apparated away.
Lily bid farewell to snape, who was still shock stiff at his old enemy shaking his hand, and followed her husband, disappearing instantly.
"...I see why you were sorted into my house, potter. Though may I inquire on your other reasons to stay in slytherin?"
"What makes you think I have other reasons, professor?"
"Most slytherins do."
"I'm interested in malfoy. He's funny." (More like he's interested in being draco's husband. BUT IM NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THAT. YET.)
"I'll ask that you do not torment my godson too much."(supportive drarry shipper sevvy let's go)
"Of course, professor."
————————————————————————
What lies Harry what lies you'll torment him all day and night you're lying through your teeth. Btw do understand that what Harry is interested in draco is his reactions, because Harry did not really interact a lot with others in the past other than dudley and a few of his friends when they come. It's a natural curiosity, thus why he says he's interested in draco, he is also interested in the other slytherins BUT WORRY NOT MY FRIENDS DRARRY IS ENDGAME AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP WILL EVOLVE INTO TRUE DRARRY EVENTUALLY
Though I do apologise if this chapter is a little weird, I was quite stressed on what I should write here