Chapter 7 pt 2

1 September 1991
Hogwarts train
To say Harry was overjoyed at his sheer amount of luck would be an understatement. The entire train ride he was blessed with solitude, well apart from Uma of course, Jonas made a comment they were joined at the hip sometimes, but no one bothered him at all. It was heaven.
Not really, it would be hell for the poor victims of his pranks. Harry had made himself acquainted with the weasley twins after all. He had also made friends with Percy, and was told the sorting hat had originally wanted to place him in slytherin, but Percy had asked to be sorted into gryffindor so he could take care of his younger siblings when they came.
"Evil."
"Oh shoosh, it's going to be fun!"
"Turning someone into a toad?"
"Only if they deserve it!"
"Liar."
Hogwarts
The students were herded out like a flock of sheep, Harry easily blending in, as easy as carrying a snake around your neck can get i guess.
Oohs and ahhh came from all the first years, and the rest seemed to group up into their supposed houses, or what they thought they would be in. Harry kept to the side, noticing that the "gryffindors" and "slytherins" were already glaring at each other.
A tall lady wearing a hat and a green gown stepped out and silenced them and introduced herself as professor mcgonagall. In the middle of her "boring" speech a toad came out of nowhere and a boy embarrassed himself with a shout of "Trevor!" as he took the toad away and hid behind. The slytherins all chuckled and laughed while Jonas and his party glared at them. The road boy somehow found himself next to Harry, ever the diplomat, greeted him.
"Hi, I'm Hadrian potter."
"N...Neville, Neville longbottom, and this is Trevor, my pet."
It was fairly obvious that Neville was wary of Uma until Harry introduced her as a "harmless and brainless house pet" to which Uma took great offence and spared no effort in strangling him, or attempting to without blowing her cover as the harmless scaled creature that will totally not bite you.
"What house do you think you're going to be in, Neville?"
"To be honest, hufflepuff would suit me the best, but my gran wants me to be in gryffindor."
"Slytherin for me, but I'll probably be a disgrace if I do end up there. No other place for a potter other than gryffindor they say."
There was a synchronised sigh from both of them, but the doors had begun to open and they were being pushed forward.
"I suppose it's not really our choice, hopefully the sorting hat will give us the house that suits us best."
"Yes, I hope so too."
A comfortable silence settled between them, only to be broken by Uma taking advantage of the ruckus and poking fun at Harry. Again.
"Since when were you such a nice person?"
"I'm nice to everyone but you Uma."
"Right, what about that blond kid? You do realise if you end up in slytherin you'll be with him."
"...didn't think that far."
"Ha it's the end for you."
"It's not the end for Harry, it's the end of Harry being single/Harry thinking he was as straight as spaghetti"