4

" How close are you two then?"

Pat cringed at the question asked by a senior, he looked the older male up and down, thinking to himself what kind of question it was supposed to be.

' Can you repeat that again P'? I didn't hear it right.' he asked politely, smiling as politely as possible. The senior smirked and adjusted his pose to a more confident and cocky stance,
' I just wanted to know how close two men in a relationship could be, don't you ever worry about him cheating on you or you ever felt like so?' he asked in a quite rude manner. Pat felt uncomfortable and offended by the senior, nothing in that sentence seemed anywhere near friendly and soft approach. Just when Pat was about to answer, he caught glimpse of Pran coming towards them from the corner of his eye and seeing the grin on Pran's face, he realized that Pran had passed the interview and was in a good mood, a mood he didn't want to have to ruin.

Pat quickly gave the senior a smile,
'I won't know how it is for other couples P', but my boyfriend and I are really close, we stay together most of the time and I trust him. I love him and he loves me too, so I don't think whatever you said applies to us.' ,his lips were tight and forced, 'Ah, excuse me then, I have to go now, there's somewhere I need to be soon.' he said, getting up and grabbing his backpack and Pran's documents.

Pat got up and jogged up to Pran with a forced smile, 'Lets go' he said, holding out his hand to take Pran's sling bag, which Pran rolled his eyes and slapped his hand onto Pat's and held it instead, putting it in between them, ' I'm not weak' he commented, walking to the exit with Pat.

Once they got in the car, Pran was expecting Pat to ask him questions as usual, but he only heard silence and the pop song playing on the radio, Pat was silent. Pran decided to look at Pat properly, not wanting to speak up just yet. It took him only a bit to figure out that Pat was tensed and disturbed. Pran didn't want to go the whole ride this way so he suggested for lunch. 'Ow, Pat, how about you stop somewhere for lunch, I know a cafe.' he chirped, puling out his phone. Pat snapped out of his thoughts and agreed quickly.

The two reached a cafe decorated with plants and vines beautifully growing up the walls, Pran went in first, with Pat tailing behind.

The two sat down and ordered their lunches from the menus, the waiter left soon after taking their orders and the vibe went to silent again. Pran sighed and slowly took hold of Pat's hand that was resting on the table, startling Pat who was in his own head. Pran met eyes with Pat who was confused, ' So, what's the problem,?' he asked, tone was clear that he knew something was wrong. Pat wanted to lie but Pran was too good at seeing through him, so he had to say something. Pat looked down at the table, his other hand started picking at the wooden table grooves, 'Its nothing big, I just took it to heart.' he muttered, voice soft and depressed. Pran pulled the hand he held, up and closer to his cheek, placing the back of Pat's hand softly against his cheek, he looked at Pat softly, ' You can still tell me, you know? Even if it's small, I want to know.' , This small gesture made Pat's heart flutter and he lowered his head, a huge grin spread on his face once he lifted his head up, with a warm smile he spoke, 'You know, I dont think I even care anymore. ' , he leaned over the table , closer to Pran, 'I can't possibly care about anything other than how lovely my boyfriend is' . Pran blushed and looked away, a smile on his face which made Pat giggle.