CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

       "Remember Luke's mom, Emily?" The blonde nodded. "Do you remember when Alex mentioned the song about her?"

><><><

       Lee walked with Julie to her house. The latter stealthy looked around her own garage. When she realized the coast was clear, she motioned for Lee to follow her in.

       Julie was tip-toeing and crouched down like a ninja. "Okay, are you checking for trapped wires, or something? You're not a spy, Jules."

       The girl stood up straight, slightly embarrassed as she walked over to Luke's guitar case and pointed to it, "I need you to open it and grab his song book."

       "What? That would be hypocritical of me," Lee shook her head at the idea. She hates hypocrites.

       Julie crossed her arms, "Do you want to help Luke or not?" She quirked an eyebrow at her friend.

       Lee sighed and did as she was told. Then Julie informed her of her plan, which was to go to the Patterson household and give them the song and tell them that he was able to do what he dreamt of doing.

       The girl nodded, left the Molina house and was on her mary way. Like before with the ghosts, it didn't take her too long to walk there. She was really nervous on what to say. She didn't want to mess this up for Luke.

       When she walked up to the front door, she hesitated. She rubbed her sweaty palms on her pants before leaning forward to ring the doorbell. But she was stopped when she heard a whooshing sound from her right.

       She stared wide eyed, "Luke!"

       He turned to her voice in confusion, "What are you doing here?"

       "Okay, look," she got nervous and she knew that she was going to ramble everything to him, "I... I just wanted to know more about you, you know, just curious. Um..." He stepped closer to her as she tried to not mention any names. "So, I came here last week on your birthday."

       "You were spying on me?" He questioned, "Even after all your speeches about boundaries? You were spying on me?"

       "I wouldn't call it spying? I... I am not a spy. I'm more of a ninja," she nodded in thought. When she looked up to see him not smiling she stopped joking around, "I know. I'm sorry. It was wrong and hypocritical." They held eye contact as she shook her head, "But I'm worried about you."

       He looked down and whispered, "You don't have to be." He turned away from her.

       "I get it. I know how hard it is when you want to speak to someone you love and you can't. How my heart breaks when she never answers my calls."

       He faced her again, blinking back tears, "I don't even know what I'd say to her, even if she could hear me."

       "Yes, you do. You've already said it." He stared into her eyes, trying to figure out what she meant, but she wouldn't budge. "Trust me," she nodded with a small smile.

       His eyes never left hers as he rang the doorbell to his childhood home. He stood behind Lee as she waited nervously. The door was opened by a man. Luke's father.