Chapter 23: Some Me Time

After I was done from work, I decided to stay in my room for the rest of the night.

I looked around my room a bit, being glad to have my room as well as there being WIFI.

It was more convenient to stay here at Johnson's residence then my own parent's basement.

At least here I saved a lot of money and didn't pay for anything so I couldn't quite frankly complain about that.

While being in my room, I ignored the calls and text I was getting from Donovan for some time since I was reading a book from the Kindle app.

However, for the tenth time, while I read, I received a call from Donovan. After a few rings, I decided to finally answer his call.

"Hello," I said, tiredly.

"Where are you?" He said, annoyed.

"In my room, why?" I asked.

"Listen here little one, next time I call or text then reply right away. Otherwise, you wouldn't like what I would do to you if you don't," He threatened.

"And what's that exactly?" I replied, walking towards the bathroom so that I could freshen up.

"You'll find out soon." He said in a low gruff voice.

"I just wanted to get some sleep, is that a crime?" I lied.

"Whether it's a crime or not, you're mine and I'm supposed to know where you are always, and I hate to repeat myself." He replied.

"Wait, are you close to my room?" I already knew the answer to that question.

"Yes I'm here outside of your bedroom door," He said, annoyed.

"Alright fine, I'll be right there," I replied, not wanting to open my door for him.

I wished I lied about not being around, but since I told the truth already I might as well face him now than later.

But I still planned on resting and not messing around this night with Donovan.

When I opened my door, Donovan narrowed his eyes at me when he walked further inside my room.

He then inspected my room a bit as his eyes lingered around to see if anything was out of the ordinary.

He sighed when everything for him looked okay and returned his attention to me.

He looked at me up and down and walked towards me. Before he could embrace me, I placed my hands on his chest and stopped him.

"What?" He asked.

"I...I need some rest," I said.

"What do you mean?" He raised a brow.

"As in I'm on my period," I quickly lied and looked away.

"Ah, I see, well next time it's your time of the month then let me know ahead of time. Since my time is not to be wasted when I can be with some other girl," He replied, angrily.

"Sorry um...it's embarrassing to say-"I said, quietly. I hoped he believed my lie then because truth was that I just didn't want to be bothered by him.

"Fine, Miss Mia. Have a good night," He spoke.

"You too," I replied and he nodded his head. He then left the room and I sighed in relief that I was again alone in my room.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst