Chapter I ~ Finding Hope

-Captain, Captain? Captain! cried the voice of Eliana, one of the students on board the ship "M.V. Anastasia" in despair - No ... he's not here ...

-I think you are joking! There are over 234 people, children, teenagers, women and men on board! What kind of captain in his right mind leaves his passengers to hope for a miracle from life while he saves his own !? Alan, her twin brother, replied indignantly.

One by one, the rest of the group, who chose to speak directly to the captain, listened to a voice message that was heard repeatedly in every corner of the ship. At the moment, there were 4 teenagers who had the courage to enter the cabin, two girls and two boys. The first girl was of medium height, her hair was blond-silver, straight and long with a luster that made her look like the brilliance of diamonds in the morning light. Her name was Eliana, Eli for short. Alan, her twin brother, looked a lot like her, except for his hair color, which was as dark as the night sky. He seemed to be a strong, very bold boy. The second girl's name was Alexia. She was a girl about two inches above average. She was tall, but as beautiful as the first, with charcoal-like black hair and an olive complexion that seemed to fit her aura perfectly. She looked too mature for her age, but if you looked into her eyes, ones as black as the depths of the ocean,  you could see a childish gleam, but as caring as a mother's. The other boy, Dominic, looked very tall, with blue ocean-colored eyes and honey-blond hair. He was a little more shy than Alan, but just as kind.

-And now? We don't know how to steer a ship! We're doomed!

-As usual, your humor Alan doesn't help us at all!

-It's not humor Dominic! I'm realistic! Soon we will all say bye-bye to life! Unless, before we lose our breath, an angel appears to descend on a ray of light, to tell us to ride the unicorns that will take us to the end of the rainbow where we will take a penny from the golden pot of the leprechaun and we will wish to forget about this day! Alan replied, out of breath or hopeless.

Eliana, Alexia and Dominic didn't know how to react. Just as they wanted to give up all hope and return to the rest of their friends to say goodbye, the cabin door opened. A teenage girl had entered. She seemed to be one of the girls who volunteered to translate when needed because the holiday boat was heading to the Canary Islands and not many of the passengers could speak the native language. Everyone recognized her. It was Sofia. Their best friend. The way she moved seemed fast, but just as graceful as a swan. She had loose, natural, waist-length hair of a bright chestnut color that blended perfectly with her navy green volunteer outfit. As soon as she noticed the eyes of those in the room, she stopped and looked around.

- Sofia! they all shouted when they recognized her.

- Where's the captain? she had asked in a soft but quick voice.

- We don't know, he wasn't here when we arrived. had been Alexia's answer.
Sofia seemed to be thinking.

-Didn't you come across a crew member on your way here?

-No, Sofi, otherwise I wouldn't look like ...! Ugh! He was about to finish the sentence when Alexa atabed him hard with the hand.

-What he wants to say here is that no, we didn't run into anyone.

"I was afraid of that ..." Sofi replied, looking back at the floor.

-I can't believe ... No ... We can't perish ... Mom ... Dad ... All our friends! Eliana said with tears in her eyes.
Alan took her in his arms, not only to calm her down, but also himself. Believing that hope was lost, the four looked down.

"Everything I've accomplished so far ..." Alexia said.

"What have we planned for the future ..." Dominic added.
The tears were obvious in the eyes of the children.