CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Start from the beginning

Flynn grabbed another slice as she repeated to Ray, "I can't say this enough: that was incredible." She whispered in Lee's ear, "But epic fail on that eye contact thing." Lee fake laughed before shoving Flynn's pizza in her mouth to make her quiet.

"So how do you do those holograms?" Carlos asked. The high schoolers shifted in their seats.

"Oh, don't try to understand it, Carlos. I don't."

"That's because you're old," Carlos quipped while insulting his dad.

Lee smiled, "Easy there, Silly Goose. Don't want to make Papa Molina angry."

Carlos stuck his tongue out as his dad questioned, "I'd send you to your room, but then who's going to clean up this mess?" He pointed to the pizza boxes.

"Don't poke the bear," Liam warned as the four of them laughed at the family interaction.

Carlos went to throw out his garbage as Ray leant on the table, "So what are the boys doing right now?"

The teens shrugged and Julie spoke, "Hanging out, I guess. You know, or whatever you do when you're from where they're from."

"Hey, so, what camera did you use out there?" Liam asked to cut the awkward tension of the boys being mentioned.

Ray perked up as the girls groaned, "Interested in my work?" He turned to Julie as he pointed to Liam, "I like this guy." The two teens blushed as Ray sat down to explain, "Well, uh... I shot with an CF105. That's what I used. The latest model. It's very good."

The three girls smiled knowingly at each other as Liam and Ray got into a deep conversation about cameras and all types of filming equipment. Liam even mentioned how it's his dream to be a director one day, and the both of them were happy to learn more.

><><><

The ghosts were outside, shooting hoops in front of the studio doors. Luke made a three pointer and Reggie dribbled the ball after it went in.

"Feels like we should be celebrating or something? What do you guys wanna do?" Reggie passed the basketball back to Luke as the purple lightning shots hit them once again. They fell to the floor due to the pain of the jolts.

Alex coughed as he hugged his abdomen, "Not that."

Luke slowly stood up, "That wasn't like the other ones. It's getting worse."

Reggie had his hands on his knees, "Why is this happening to us?"

"It's because you guys are in serious trouble," the voice of Willie was heard as he walked over to the group. They looked at him confused, "We need to talk."

The four ghosts walked the streets of Hollywood as Willie explained everything to them. He really didn't want them to get hurt anymore, especially since it was technically his doing.

"All these jolts that we're feeling is because Caleb put his stamp on us?" Like questioned angrily.

"He's threatened by you. He wants you under his control. You're the only ghosts that can be visible to lifers without his help. And he really doesn't like that Lee has the ability to touch you without his help."