flirting with 3 sugars,

i had been going to the cafe for over a month. i left early in the morning, and came at dawn. no one suspected me. that was until one early morning, in the midst of the springtime. bruno awaited me at the dining table.

"mista?" i turned, cursing myself for making a ruckus today. "er— hey, bruno. why are you up so early?"

"why have you? its been a month, mista." he smiled at me, a tone of victory in his voice, and a smug look in his eyes. i felt him trapping me into only the truth, as i slumped into a chair.

"a girl.. the one from the cafe.." he smiled, and lightly punched my arm. "that so? im sure you'll have her head over heels in just a week more," his comments made me blush, as he added, "okay. i won't tell anyone. but you have to tell me all about it. deal?" i smiled at him, slightly embarrassed, and headed out.

"thank you, bucciarati."

rushing to the cafe, i decided that it was time to fess up my long occurring feelings for the sweet girl that served me valiantly. after a week or two of seeing her over and over again, we had chats as i awaited her delicious food. it started with out favorite colors, to our favorite shows, to why the spider man franchise just doesn't seem to die. my feelings for her were overflowing, and i needed to express it some day or another. today was that day.

in a special outfit, a cropped yellow turtle neck, off green boxy pants, and bruno's designer shoes he bought me (along with my purple beanie), i loitered around the outside of the cafe, preparing what  was going to say. i had millions, no, trillions of pick up lines that were effortlessly smooth, but none were enough to express my overall gratitude for letting this beautiful woman into my life. pacing the block, i figured the words would come to me as i saw her. also, i was furiously hungry.

"mista! right on time," she hummed. "your order today, sir?" her smile was heaven sent. i have to think of what i'll say before it turns into an essay detailing her beauty. "i'm feeling very daring, ms y/n!" i smiled. "your fluffiest croissant, and a latte please." suddenly i forgot every single flirting tactic i'd learnt in my 18 years of living.

"someone's feeling lucky," she giggled from the coffee machine. "er— yeah! you know me, super cool mafia badass." 

"i would simply die if you were in the real mafia dude." good timing, i would absolutely die too, if you were to reject me right now. waiting behind the glass holding all the sweets and goodies, i started a light conversation on how i think that hot dogs were immeasurably overrated. she laughed, telling me that she thought i was just picky. "here you are, mista! are you staying while you eat today?" 

"uh, yeah! i'm free today (i am in fact not free today), wanna chat together? ...at a table?" she glanced at the door, then at me. i was usually the only one there, the tiny logo representing the store being very unnoticeable. she glanced back at me, as. i pulled my signature smirk out, hoping my look would be enough for her to disengage with her working duties.

"okay, guido mista."

sitting at the nearest table to the register (she was very paranoid), we chatted as she ate a chocolate danish with me.  

20 minutes later, it seemed like all i could think about was telling her. because, reason one, i had to get back to bucciarati and the gang. reason two, i was running out of pick up lines that she would laugh off. three, i'm about to piss my pants from fear of rejection, happiness, and excitement.

"uh.. y/n! i gotta tell you this thing dude," i started. shouldn't have dude-zoned her but thats alright. 

"yeah?" god, her smiled gleamed brighter than the north star.

this is hard. i rubbed my hands on my pants because they were getting really clammy. are my eyes okay or does this woman get prettier by the second? both. mind blank.. OKAY JUST THINK..

"listen, you're really awesome person! i think that you're one of the coolest women to exist actually, i have a lot of fun talking with you this month has been really fun.." i saw the squinting in her perfect eyes. shit shit shit she was catching onto me. 

"so i was wondering, would you like to go out some time? like on a date, somewhere other than this cafe. thats all." i felt that my hands rubbing on my pants was too loud but now my hands are like.. really REALLY sweaty so now i'm frantically trying to dry them as i awaited her answer. but she just stared at me. in awe? disgust? i don't know, but for some reason i just kept talking.

"i thought that you were really pretty from the day i saw you, and i think that you brew coffees really well, and i think your sense of humor is really funny, and that you always wear really nice outfits, and your eyes are really breathtaking. please accept my offer." i spoke, trying my hardest not to ramble on and on about her perfectness.

"oh, thank you." i paused, then looked up at her. "i was wondering when i would have to fess up too. i was hoping you'd confess first. thank you thank you, i suck really bad at this." she giggled, i hope out of joy, and answered my long waited prayers.

"yes, guido mista. i will go out with you. i had a lot of fun too. and i think your eyes are very cute." she smiled, except this time her eyes were fidgety and her smile was plastered on, like she almost couldn't take it off, and looked at me. "i really like you, y/n. so— er, i have to get to work pretty soon, here's my line, number, and socials. text me, please— thank you again." i almost tripped trying to get out the door, as i felt her beaming smile watch me leave.

"goodbye, guido mista! come back very soon—!!" she yelled, waving, her eyes crinkled because of her effortless smile.

sprinting home, i laid my keys and coat at the door, rushing to my room. it had been a long month of sleepless nights and tired dreams, but tonight, i slept sound.

AHHHH HIII i know i promised this would be an est. relationship so i kept it even tho i love love loveee slow burns 48983489 chapters 😭 I HOPE SOME OF YALL GET MY 'dude-zoned' REF I HOPE IM NOT THAT OLD ... i hope u like this confessing chapter!! at least as much as i did... UPDATIN REAL SOON BABES :D love u muah