6. Nicky uncle's friends.

Începe de la început

"No-uh I'm not.", I cleared my throat getting offended. So what if I was not the party one, had her most time aside from work for books reserved, enjoyed her own company. I can be an extrovert if I get my type of people.

Perhaps.

"She ain't.", Mr Arnold said all of a sudden." She's too talkative.", I glared at him making him throw a challenging look at me."Tell me if I'm wrong."

"You are always wrong.", I retorted back.

"And you are Queen Victoria", I frowned."What I thought we were stating the impossible."

"Don't play smart with me.", I grumbled folding my arms near my chest.

"Jesus Christ!", he breathed.

"Y-"before I could say a high pitched voice interrupted me." Shut up.", Kia yelled at both of us."Are you guys kids?", she questioned, "my neck-oww it's paining because of looking at you both."

"You guys fight like a c-"Mr Arnold interrupted him in a blink, "Do not complete that word Aiden Lucas Rivera."

"Geez, don't need to throw the full name card.", he complained fixing his tie.

"Kia what are you doing here?", Mr Nicolas asked her going back to his head chair. He seated himself gracefully and opened his laptop running a hand through his black hair, then he picked a pair of oval magnets, his left hand's index finger and thumb playing with them while his other hand working on his pc.

"I will answer that.", Mr Rivera seated himself beside me, on the other visitor chair. Kia was sitting on my lap." I and Evans were coming to ask you about that newspaper situation but you had already left your penthouse so we went to your home but you weren't there, it was only Kia and so she tagged along.", he explained nonchalantly, his hands fumbling with a paperweight.

Mr Arnold's left hand stopped its movement and his gaze centred on Mr Rivera."Evans? Where is he?"

"He's meeting someone downstairs."

Mr Arnold rolled his eyes, "of course he's."

"Did I hear my name being called?", another new voice came from behind me. I turned to my left to be witnessed by another good looking man. Goddammit! Where are these guys coming from? The man in front of me had striking amber eyes with specks of green in them. His hair was styled back just like that of Mr Arnold. He walked inside and did that bro hug thing with Mr Arnold."You good?", he asked to which Mr Arnold just gave him a quick nod.

"Oh, you are the one.", he raised his eyebrow at me and gave me a threatening look. I raised a brow at his tone. What's up with him?" Kia what are you doing there, come here.", he said making Kia grip me more.

"Evans relax.", Mr Arnold said calmly.

"Exactly. Geez, chill man, You don't need to fire those looks at me.", I stated coolly.

"Woah, something like that out of an introverted person. You amazed me, Miss Summers.", Mr Rivera appreciated. I may be a silent person but no one has the right to judge me without knowing me." And you.", he grabbed Mr Evans hand and made him sit between him and me. He glared at me and I gave him an equal glare. 

"Ari let's go out. I want to make you meet my other favourite person.", Kia grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my chair. My feet froze remembering the morning incident. 

"Uh, Kia baby not today. Today I'm a little tired, we'll go tomorrow I promise.", I reasoned silently praying that the little girl gets convinced.

"Okay.", she smiled."But at least we can walk to the canteen, I'm hungry."

"Kia whatever you want to eat, ask Ryan he'll get it. You don't need to go.", she considered Mr Arnold's statement for a second and then finally walked off. I sighed.

Mr Arnold looked at me for a moment and then turned to his friends." So basically what happened was.." and he started with how we met, fought, cursed each other, threw challenges and in the end sealed the deal.

"Oh.", Mr Rivera said.

"Yeah oh.", Mr Arnold replied clearly annoyed by his answer. 

I raised an eyebrow at Mr Evans, "ahem, I'm sorry.", he said timidly."I just didn't want Nick to get hurt that's why I had to play the overprotective best friend role."

My heart tugged. Was it how best friends act? Wish I had one.

"It's okay.", I smiled weakly at him.

"Let's start it fresh. I'm Evans Noah Carter.", he stretched out his hand and just like how I shook my hands with Mr Rivera, I did with him."Arielle Summers."

"So it's all sorted now.", Mr Rivera clapped his hands in glee."Nickolie what you are planning on doing now?"

"First we get all these articles and pictures off the market and then we catch the reporter who started this bloody chain.", he stated, his eyes intently staring at something behind me and his oval magnets spinning between his fingers.

"Well okay, we'll help you in finding him.", Mr Carter said but it seemed as if Mr Nicolas was disturbed about something else."What are you thinking Nick?", he asked growing slightly worried.

He shrugged and then glanced at me but when he saw that I caught him looking at me, he centred his all attention on his pc.

Well okay then!

"By the way Miss Summers.", Mr Rivera dragged his chair to my side."You are the first woman Nickolie has been caught with and that too so close. We had started believing he swung the other way.", I laughed at his words and Mr Arnold rolled his eyes.

"So why don't you both really date?", he asked all of sudden.

"Never.", we spoke together, I gave him a deadly glare and walked out of his cabin

"Never say never.", Mr Rivera sang behind me. As if! He and I together. 

F*cking impossible.

***