《SCP 2316》

Since I got sucked back into the SCP fandom, I have always wanted to write about this SCP.

And now that I have a set story for the OC included, I have found the perfect way to write about this >:)

NOTE: THIS SCP IS NOT OF MY CREATION. I AM SIMPLY BORROWING THE IDEA, AND INSERTING MY OC INTO IT. THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO PLAGIARIZE, STEAL, OR COPY THE ORIGINAL CREATOR'S WORK. CREDIT FOR SCP 2316 GOES TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS 

TW: Swearing, Drowning

It's been a long time since I visited my friends.

Ferdy's house is quite far- I left Becky home alone but meh- it should be fine, right?

It's just two hours with my friend to finish a project, it isn't like I'll be gone forever!

I kept walking in the streets, eventually getting lost. I eventually lost track of time- walking through the noisy streets, feeling as though time it taking forever to pass.

As I walk through the cold streets, I adjust my beanie- the smiley sunshine pin reflecting the light of the sun. I keep walking, to the best of my ability. At some point, I stop and notice something.

A small path, straying off the intersection. A shortcut. A shortcut through the docks that can get me straight to Ferdy's mansion. If that isn't luck, then I don't know what is! It's weird though. The section is cut off with caution tape. No one is going from there- people are just quickly and carefully passing by.

I mean... it's just a place near a lake, right? Come on. What's the worst that can happen?

I smirk to myself and make my way to the entrance. Jumping over the caution tape, I run inside, careful, yet eager. I walk across the cold, wet floor as I carefully make my way through the place. 

The shortcut is empty. I'm all alone here. I walk around to see if there's any police or surveillance to see absolutely nobody. Awesome! I run through the docks as I make my way through the open spaces. I know Ferdy's place isn't so far from this route- If I get through this place, and then past the bridge, I can find it.

The place looks abandoned. And it's somewhat frightening. But I don't mind it. It's in fact easier for me to move around. Eventually, I reach the bridge. Before I'm able to get on, I look at the little speaker and microphone stationed in front of it. 

"Please repeat the following phrase slowly and clearly into your terminal microphone:

I do not recognize the bodies in the water."

Ohhhh I get it! This place must be the setup for some prank- maybe that's why they closed it off with caution tape. 

Haha- whoever set this up is incredibly creative! I'll have to congratulate them.

Nevertheless- I clear my throat and speak clearly into microphone, with with a jolly tone. "I do not recognize the bodies in the water!" A small ding sound is heard as I walk inside, with a smile.

The lake is beautiful. I wonder why I didn't get to see this place sooner. The atmosphere is perfect- the fog, the slight cold breeze against my shoulder...

I walk the steps carefully, as I pass the bridge overseeing the water. I look at the lake with a smile, as I wonder exactly what the person who set up the warning here would plan. I'm sure it's a big and ambitious project to get the entire town into it. I smile with pride as I stop at the center, to look at the water.

It's beautiful... But- I think I see something down there. Hell- did they actually get mannequins to pretend they're corpses? Did I accidentally walk in a movie set?

...

but wait.

Wait this isn't right.

Why is Ferdinand's corpse in the water.

Screw not recognizing them I can very clearly see that my best friend is in the water.

Why is he there!? He didn't do anything wrong- He seemed fine... did he do this to himself? Did he drown...?

Oh my god- Oh my god- I missed the signs- It's horrible- 

Ferdinand... I'm so so sorry- i didn't mean to- I promise-

Wait...

what...?

Maeve....?

Maeve what are you doing here...?

I panic as I see Ferdinand and Maeve's bodies in the water. I run around the bridge in a panic, to see if anyone else I remember is there too. To my shock and horror, I see a bunch of other people. Millie, Ethan, Vera... Vardo as well- Everyone is here...

Everyone is here, watching me from below. I panic and start to shake and cry. Oh my fucking god no- tell me this is a dream- whoever pitched this idea is a fucking monster- is this still a joke?
Are my friends actually dead-

Becky...?

Becky why are you here...?

Why is your body in the water...?

Why did you drown- I thought I left you home...

I thought you wouldn't follow me- what happened...?

Becky i'm sorry- I'm so sorry- i should have protected you...

Guilt overwhelms as I sob loudly and drop to the floor. I scramble to the edge of the bridge, as I look down at the lifeless, soulles eyes of my sister.

She's floating in the water, lifeless, her little brunette locks beautifully spreading everywhere. Her once bright purple eyes were now devoid of any life, spark or color. She stayed in place, floating, as though she finally found peace. No tears. No panic. No screaming.

I let her down again, didn't I.

This is all my fault...

I cry out to everyone in the water- especially my sister. I was a coward- I was a huge disappointment. I promised to be there for them, and what did I give them instead. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I was just a fucking disgrace. I always was...

I choked up sobs and cries as I slowly stood at the edge. I made a promise to them. I promised I would protect them.

And that's what I would do. 
I do not recognize the bodies in the water. A joke. A cruel, sadistic joke. 
I do recognize the bodies in the water. The bodies in the water are the only ones who were ever there for me. 

And now- I would protect the bodies in the water.
Like I promised. With no hesitation.

I jumped inside.