|02|Not A Drama-Free Day|

Start from the beginning

Baba asked us to not invite Eric Xander to the Spirit Jamboree. It was so unprofessional in my opinion, but of course, he didn't ask us, he ordered us to not invite him. And who were we to go against him? Honestly, I was fine with it. I didn't want to see him. I didn't want to again visit something that was buried deep down in the graveyard of the past. There was no need to again dig up something I didn't have a heart to face. The past... I blinked hard to clear my vision as my heart squeezed painfully. 

It was a difficult and time-consuming task. We had already made the invitation layouts and list, for this, we had to go through hundreds of names to cut off his name. I assigned Burak to do it. And according to him, he crossed off Eric's name before he send the final guest list to Stella who forwarded the invitation. I couldn't pinpoint if only two people were working on the list and invitations then how could it happen? Burak exclaimed as he removed his name. Stella was sure she just forwarded the invitation to only listed people. 

Still, Eric Xander got the invitation from us, how?

Was there a backstabber in us? 

I sighed. I was still sitting in the meeting room, alone. It was so quiet that even my sigh bellowed in there. I rested my arms over the table and put my head over them. In silence, I could hear my heart beating frantically even at the thought of meeting him again. Was I ready to face him? Were six years enough to heal the wounds? I stood straight and stared into space. My hand automatically moved towards my heart, I felt its thuds loud and clear. 

Some wounds could never heal, no matter how much time had passed. They just meant to always remain open and throb in pain. 

I didn't know how long I sat there, listening to my heartbeat until Stella knocked on the door and came inside. 

"Ms. Helen is here to see you." She informed me.  

I sighed and ran a hand over my neck. She frowned.

"Are you alright?" Her brown eyes shined with concern. 

"Great." I slightly smiled at her. "And take her to my cabin, I'll be there in a moment." 

She left with a nod. I composed myself before going to my cabin. As I opened the door, a huge smile graced my lips. 

"Helen!" I exclaimed. 

I rushed towards her and she rushed towards me. We enveloped each other in a tight hug and laughed. We shared a smile as we pulled apart. She looked more beautiful than the last time. Her light grey eyes were sparkling with glow, her face had very light makeup, and her blonde hair was up in a messy bun. She was wearing a white floral dress.

"I missed you," I said. It was so unexplainable the way our friendship grow. Even six years later, if there was something that didn't change, it was our friendship that deepened day by day that now we were best friends and so inseparable. Even though she worked most of the time. I didn't have much time to spend with her, too. Still, whenever we needed each other, we would always be there for each other. We were not sisters by blood, but by hearts. 

"Oh, God! I missed you more!" And she again squeezed me in a bone-crushing hug. I laughed but returned her hug with equal force. 

We sat down on the couch as Helen asked, "So where were you last night? Burak was SO pissed about it."

"I was with Kaan. We had a pending dinner date. So he asked me if I could join him, and I told him sure. It was late by the time we were done so I stayed at his place. I don't know why Burak is making such a big deal out of this? He even behaved like a jerk." I muttered, remembering our earlier encounter.

"He's behaving like a jerk since last night. Anyways," she wiggled her brows excitedly, "Dinner date, huh? He'll be your date for the event? Have you guys made it official yet?"