|04|Broken|

New York City, US State 

Eric P.O.V

My table was a mess with tons of files. I picked a file, read it, and again slammed it over the table. Sofia flinched away every time I do that, which was going on for the last thirty minutes. "How can you be so careless?! I asked you to review the contract, add some new clauses and hand it back to me! How the fuck did you manage to lose it?!" 

"But..."

"Shut the fuck up!" I again slammed a file on the table while she again flinched away. I was so aggressive at that moment. I had worked so hard to negotiate with Mr. Wilson to sell his company to me. The contract was supposed to sign in two hours and we didn't have any idea about the whatsoever of the contract papers.

I took a deep breath and looked at Sofia, my PA. She looked up from the floor at me and opened her mouth to speak but a knock on the door stopped her. I ignored it. And by the look of it, Sofia also ignored it.

"Sir, I..." I cut her off with a shout,

"You WHAT SOFIA!" My death glare had the intensity to bury her right under the ground. Tears brimmed in her brown eyes as she again looked down. 

 "You managed to lose such an important file, do you think I'll let you continue this job? You are..." And the knock again came, this time, it was more of a bang. I clenched my jaw and was about to again ignore it when someone banged on the door continuously as if, they were knocking at an apartment door, not on my cabin door. 

"Who the fuck is there?!" I yelled with all my might. 

A head peeped inside with a blank face as he said, "Your fuck buddy?"

I closed my eyes and ran a hand through my hair. Then I looked at Sofia and grumbled. "Go!" She stormed out of the cabin in a beeline with her head down.

"It's Monday," I said to Zack as he made his way towards my desk. His hazel eyes took in the mess my table had. 

"So?" He pulled out the chair and plopped on it, looking right into my eyes with annoyance. 

"Go work at your own company! Don't you have a business to run?"  I glared at him. 

"What got your panties in a twist so early in this morning?" He smirked. 

"Zack, I'm not in the mood. Can you please go? I don't want to say something I'll regret later." I leaned back on the chair and massaged my temples. 

"Uh uh." But he ignored me and looked around my table when his eyes landed on something. His brows creased together and he looked at me with a disappointed look. "So that's the reason for your foul mood."

"No!" I gritted my teeth. 

"And I totally believe that." He gave me a curt sarcastic nod and picked the newspaper from the table. My eyes narrowed and I cursed under my breath when I see the contract file beneath it. 

Fucking great!

"She looked genuinely happy though." He muttered under his breath but I heard him. 

He was looking at the celebrity column where the headline was all about Kingston Clan CEO, Quine Kingston. Yeah, who thought she would go with her first and last name in the business world? Well, I never thought about most of the things when I was so in love with her. My blood boiled as I remembered how easily she fooled me. I was so stupid. 

I looked at the picture they had posted to put emphasis on the fact, that Quine and Kaan made their relationship official at an Art Exhibition where they appeared together hand-in-hand and kissed in front of the whole media. The picture was captured at the moment when they kissed. I felt my hands form into fists, my eyes locked on the picture, and my jaw automatically clenched so hard that it started to throb. She had her hands placed over his chest while Kaan's one hand was locked around her waist and the other held her face as they kissed.