|02|Not A Drama-Free Day|

Skylee P.O.V

Spirit Jamboree, a tradition that my grandfather started years ago, whose invitations go around on the doors of entrepreneurs, businessmen, Royals, models, artists, and so on. It was an event that create headlines on every news outlet. A three-day festival ends with a gala event on the third day with a single purpose to groom and facilitate people with new opportunities, here people interact with each other, share their experiences, and their journeys and make new memories. Every year, this event proved to be a very good off for all those, who were working so hard to make ends meet as doors for new opportunities opened for them, whereas for famous people it was no more than a show-off event where they could show their generosity and kindness to the world... Well, it was the case for most of them. 

And for youngsters, it was an open idea for them to develop a new mindset for their careers. It was kind of an inspirational event because when Kingston organizes something, it is nothing but a promising career under the most lavish three-day event.

However, this year, it was my responsibility to manage it and so far... I had my head caged between my hands. 

"How can this happen?!" Burak was yelling his monologue, trying to pinpoint that it was not his fault. "I finalized the guest list with my own bare hands! There is no chance I've missed it! I  specifically rechecked five times to make sure the changes were done! I can't understand how the hell this happened? Oh, God! If we don't fix this mishap, then the three of us will be as good as dead! Amca is going to kill us!"

My head was already pounding so hard and his outburst wasn't helping it at all. So, I tossed the paperweight at him which caused him to shut his mouth and look at me.

"What?" He snapped. 

"Shut up, Burak." My voice was so calm.

"Shut up? How can you be so calm when a tornado is about to hit us!" He snapped.

I just looked at him calmly. Then I looked at Stella, who was pacing back and forth opposite us. My gaze traveled to the clock behind her on the wall. It was almost 3:15 PM and Mr. Steward was already in the meeting room on this floor. I was supposed to be in the meeting room right now, discussing our upcoming project, instead, here I was, totally out of backup ideas for this mess. So, why should I waste my time when what was done couldn't be undone? We couldn't stop a tornado when it was already knocking at our door. 

"Stella," I called her. She paused her pacing and looked at me. Even Burak was looking at me with a skeptical look. 

I motioned my hand towards the files and USB of the presentation. "Get the meeting room ready in five minutes." 

They both looked at each other than at me.

"But Ma'am..." I shut her up with a glare.

"This deal with Mr. Steward is important and we can't miss this opportunity over some invitation mishap. We'll survive either he sees that invitation or comes, and even if he won't." I said, standing up from the chair.

There was nothing we could do anymore if the invitation had been already sent. And I was sure as hell not letting anything ruin my business deal. 

"You..." Burak was about to say something when I cut him off,

"YOU were responsible for the rechecking of the final list. So if Baba asks about this, I'm giving him your name. Then it's your and his problem, I'm out of this." I flipped my hair and walked out of the cabin. 

"You are so mean!" He yelled after me. I could imagine his astonished expression. I smirked. He shouldn't have messed up the list.

Thankfully, the meeting with Mr. Steward went great and by the end of it, we signed the deal. But it wouldn't be a lie if I say the early incident caught me off guard. It was weird. Even Stella was distracted the whole time. Her attention was solely focused on her phone. It was an irresponsible act as a PA, but I trusted her and I knew it mean she was up to something.